Another delay for EJ SA-CDs at Amazon UK

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Metoo, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metoo

Metoo Forum Hall Of Fame Thread Starter

Amazon has posted its 4th or 5th delay to date regarding the Elton John SA-CDs. First they were to have been release in October, then it was Nov. 8th, then the 15th. Now they have supposedly been released but the Web site says: "Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 weeks".

And they call this a release? :realmad:

Maybe I should just go ahead and buy something else... elsewhere.

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I just posted on another thread....delayed in Canada till the 30th of November....WTF??????? :realmad:

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Strange....why delay after putting them out in the states? Weird....

:ed:

4. windfall

windfall Senior Member

A couple of other UK online stores such as tesco.com are now listing them for nov 30. I am about to cancel my orders and buy them from US stores or on ebay.

Stevie

5. Metoo

And I imagine that if somebody orders them in early December they will fall right in the whirlwind of Christmas sales, which should further delay delivery.

6. Metoo

Yet ANOTHER delay at Amazon UK. Now the Elton John SACDs are beig announced for Nov. 29. The day before the Canadian release.

BTW, what happened with all the announced promotions in the US, has there been any awareness created by it that any of you know about? Have not heard anything about them lately.

7. windfall

windfall Senior Member

I am in the UK, too. Got my first batch of 3, bought via ebay, this morning. The rest will probably come tomorrow - the seller sent them in two batches to avoid customs charges. Worked out a bit cheaper than amazon in any case.

8. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

What Elton John SACDs?

9. Metoo

:winkgrin:

10. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Seriously, the Strawberries where I've found THREE OOP gold DCCs and a silver DCC does not carry the Elton SACDs..ditto Walmart, where I've been checking regularly..I think they are for all intents waiting until existing stock is gone..

11. Metoo

This clearly gives a NEW meaning to the phrase 'SA-CD is a niche market'. Or is, rather, to 'business as usual'?

12. Seth

Seth Forum Resident

Steve,

That was me
    I hope you enjoy,

Seth

13. Metoo

Well. how about this? It's already Nov. 29, the launch date for the Elton John SA-CDs in Europe and Amazon is showing availability of all of them in 24 hours EXCEPT "Tumbleweed Connection" and "Madman Across The Water" (available in 2 to 3 days they say). What the :realmad: is happening here?

14. Metoo

Forget what I said in my previous post. Now, just a day after TC and MATW are displaying an "usually dispatched within 1 - 2 weeks" message. This is ludicrous!

15. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Forum Resident

I don't mean to be a dink, and I know it's not particularly productive for this thread, but Universal markets SACDs (Elton John)...it says so right on the front inside of the spine. I believe it's Sony who markets SA-CDs, in which case you'll find that they're quite rare.

I can't exactly say why it bugs me so much. The best I can figure is that I resent the fact that Sony has the time to alter acronyms, but can't be bothered to put out any product in the meantime.

Think what you will of me...I've said my peace and I feel better now. :)

16. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Mine are still showing "not yet shippable"........to that I say "go forth and fornicate!" :realmad:

17. Metoo

AAAAmen !!!!

18. Metoo

I understand that SA-CD (instead of SACD) was suggested because the French equivalent of America's BMI and ASCAP's name is Societe del Auteurs et Compositeurs Dramatiques (in other words SACD). It seems they have it registered and said that their Acronym could not be used to describe the discs. I do not know the international extent of this prohibition, but I understand it is at least known also in the Far East.

Link to said organization: http://www.sacd.fr/

19. Jason Brown

Jason Brown Forum Resident

Thanks. It looks like I may have to lighten-up some.

20. Metoo

I guess that, on account of the delay in the launch of the Elton John SACDs in other places apart from the US, for the moment, the acronym should be understood to say, 'Suffer Another Canadian Delay', 'Sacds Americans Can Devour', 'Sounds Audiophiles Can't Discover', 'Slow Audio Collection Deployment', 'Super Audio Corporations Delay', 'SACDs Amazon Can't Deliver', 'Sold Around Chosen Destinations' or 'Sounds Americans Can Describe'.

Your acronyms are welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.