Another EAC question

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dave B, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave B

Dave B Senior Member Thread Starter

I copied two sides of an LP to CD-RW and then transfered them to my hard drive as two separate files Track01 and Track02. I then processed and created cue sheets for each of the tracks. Once I had done that I was able to burn the Track01 with the splits onto a CD-R but now I can't seem to get the other side Track02 to copy. Can anyone help? Do I have to combine both sides and create the complete image before burning? If so how would I add additional tracks to an unclosed disc? Some times easy things can get so complicated or maybe it's just me! Any tips will be appreciated.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Not sure if you want your wave file to be that long(??) You can pick up some software to re-edit your wav files into seperate tracks, so it's easier handled.

See, Once the wav and cue file is manufactured (by EAC/CDRwin) , you can manipulate it for splitting tracks, BUT that's only within a single wav file. You can't import the second wav file into the 1st and then re-do another accurate cue sheet unless you use software to pair the two sides together.

But me thinks it's easier to seperate the tracks on your lp by splitting the wav. Then you can use CDRwin or EZCD if you want to burn the whole disc as "disc at once" (DAO) so the disc has continuity and accessable track locations like most Cds do!

You can download a demo copy of Cool Edit (www.syntrillium.com) and choose to split your wav by opening, highliting and "Save selection as" Track 01, Track 02... etc.

Does that help?

3. Dave B

Thanks Sckott that may work. I'll down load the cool edit demo. This was a comedy album with no track breaks that I was attempting to cut into smaller chunks so I could cue up a specific piece. I'm going to experiment with it more this weekend when I can concentrate on it for more than ten minutes at a time. I case my first attempt is a coaster!

4. Patrick M

Patrick M Subgenius

Another option

Use WavMerge (free) to combine the wavs into one big wav, then use CD Wave (shareware) to split up the tracks, delete leading and trailing silences, etc. I've used the latter with good results. It will write the cue sheet for you, then you can use EAC, CDRWin, whatever to burn the CD. The nice thing about leaving them as one big file is that your noise level remains constant and your gaps between tracks match the LP perfectly. Hey, but what the hell do I know?

http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~mjmlooijmans/cdwave/

http://www.mrichter.com/cdr/files/files.htm

(look under "Audio Files" for WavMerge)

5. Dave B

Thanks Patrick - I'll down load the files tonight and try it. Boy, they don't call you a subgenius for nothing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.