Another ebay genius.

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by JBStephens, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam Thread Starter

Hey, let's lay a dome tweeter FACE DOWN to take a picture of the magnet!

2. TheNomadicSoul

TheNomadicSoul Active Member

:yikes:

Let us know how they sound once they arrive :D

Reminds me of this one seller who had a bunch of vinyl listed. He had nice photos of the album covers. But for the photos of the disc itself, he held it in his bare left hand (on the playing surface, of course) while snapping the photo with his right hand. It was like that on all of his auctions. I wanted to e-mail him... but why help out the competition. :laugh: What attracted me to his auctions in the first place was a "NEW! NEVER PLAYED! MINT! SUPER-ULTRA-RARE!" copy of The Monkees "Changes" LP on Colgems. Ah well...

3. JBStephens

JBStephens I don't "like", "share", "tweet", or CARE. In Memoriam Thread Starter

Now THAT is funny. Of course, one must take ebay auctions with a grain of salt...

4. Cornholio

Cornholio Are you threatening me?

One of my favorites was a guy selling a sealed Windows XP disc and of course he posted a pic of the disc...with the serial number clearly in view. :rolleyes:

5. inperson

inperson Senior Member

But it looks like there is a small ledge under the tweeter. Maybe it isn't laying flat. There might be enough room so as not to damage the dome.

6. brupri

brupri New Member

Isn't that a writing implement between the counter and the top flange of the face down tweeter?;)

7. JBStephens

I don't think so. I recognize that number, I used that tweeter back in the early 80's and the dome sticks out quite a bit, it's not a recessed dome. It's also a very easy tweeter to fry. :)

8. Patrick

Patrick Senior Member

My favorite was a guy selling mint vinyl, for the picture he took the LP out of its jacket AND inner sleeve, and had the vinyl laying on his kitchen floor!

9. Cornholio

Yep, definitely looks like there's something under the upper edge of both tweeters so that the dome isn't mashed into the counter.

10. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

Looks the same to me.

11. JBStephens

Notice that the left-hand tweeter, which we know is elevated off the counter by the height of the magnet, is correctly casting a shadow on the counter at about four o'clock. The right-hand tweeter casts no shadow.

OOOPS. :angel:

12. Cornholio

Of course the right tweeter is not going to cast a shadow like the left, it's bottom edge is flush with the counter, unlike the left tweeter. It's plain as day (to me anyway) that the top edges of both are raised, that's why they're at an incline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.