Another Elvis Hits Comp Coming

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reechie, Jun 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reechie

reechie Senior Member Thread Starter

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=4&u=/nm/20030630/en_nm/music_elvis_dc

Elvis' '2nd' to Complement Hits Collection

By Troy Carpenter

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Having celebrated Elvis Presley's career with the 2003 release of "ELV1S 30 #1 Hits," RCA/BMG has set an Oct. 7 release date for a companion hits collection, "Elvis 2nd to None."

The compilation will boast a host of additional No. 1 singles alongside other classic Presley tunes and a new remix.

Renowned DJ Paul Oakenfold has remixed the lesser-known Presley b-side "Rubberneckin"' for the album, following in the footsteps of Junkie XL, whose remix of "A Little Less Conversation" was the lead single for the "30 #1 Hits" release.

"Elvis 2nd to None" will include 30 tracks in all, mixed and mastered from the original master tapes. Among the other cuts set for inclusion are "That's All Right," "Viva Las Vegas," "Blue Suede Shoes," "I Want You, I Need You, I Love You," "Always on My Mind" and "Don't Cry Daddy."

"ELV1S 30 #1 Hits" debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 and has sold 2.9 million copies in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. The disc, which was accompanied in the U.S. by a national TV special and a DVD audio release, shipped more than 9 million copies worldwide, according to BMG.

BMG Heritage will on Tuesday release the four-disc box set "Elvis: Close Up," which is full of unreleased material ranging from stereo master tapes and film music to a complete concert recorded April 18, 1972, in San Antonio.

Reuters/Billboard

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

I wonder if they'll do a DVD-A of this?

mud-

3. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Thanks for the heads up!

Bob

4. Angel

Angel New Member

How about leaving the dynamic range intact this time? Pretty please, Mr. Engineer man?

5. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

I look forward to the release of this disc. I hope that "If I Can Dream" is on this one.

6. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

I can't wait for the Close Up box tomorrow - if it is half as good as its companion "Today, Tomorrow, and Forever", it will be worth it.

7. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

You and me both. I liked TODAY TOMORROW & FOREVER so much I tracked down copies of the PLATINUM and A GOLDEN CELEBRATION boxes. Now I need a reasonably priced ELVIS ARON PRESLEY box.

Don't forget to check BMG for the CLOSE UP box. TTF was available from the music club the same day as the retail release, at the usual steep BMG discount.

8. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

I am almost positive that RCA is doing a DVD-A of the new CD. Sales of the first DVD-A were good, with almost no promotion. I wonder if David Bendeth will be doing the new one?

9. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Not a chance. The first one sold three mil, they'll figure that means they're doing a great job:rolleyes:

ED:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.