Another Elvis Presley thread - List your favorite live album(s)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MikeP5877, Jul 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII Thread Starter

I'm curious to see what everyone's favorite Elvis live albums are, including FTD releases. I'm looking to add a few more to the collection. Thanks!

2. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

The 68 special, th ultimate live Elvis at this best.

3. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 V/VIII/MCMLXXVII Thread Starter

I agree that's the best! I have Tiger Man, Memories, and the old Elvis TV Special CD.

Any other favorite live picks from the post-comeback era? I only have Aloha and TTWII, plus the live stuff on the 70's box set and Close Up.

4. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

Side 2 of the 1969 album (actually from 'My Babe' to the end)

On Stage (these songs are also on the Vegas box, but in a slightly different order. And it adds the live tracks from the 1972 season)

The live stuff on "That's The Way It Is" (the expanded version has a full concert on disc 2, but a show from the night before -IIRC- is on the Vegas box and I prefer that one.)

Good performances on the homecoming album "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis" (Graceland cover)

I'm not so big on the stadium tour albums, but I would like to see the "On Tour" film released on DVD. They did a good job with "That's The Way It Is" when they revamped it.

The only problem with live Elvis is that I can't stand his talking between songs. Drives me nuts - he always says the same things because it is a different crowd. I'm sure it was great if you saw him live in 1969, but not these days.

Someone said the Japanese CDs with the LP replica covers sound best.

5. JLGB

JLGB Senior Member

With the exception of 68 ( all in mono contrary original release production numbers in stereo and live in mono) and 69 studio albums...the Japanese CDs replica covers are the best in sound. IMO.I agree 100% with your live choices. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.