Another Paypal gripe/horror

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by audio, Feb 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

Paypal sucks. I really feel that ebay/Paypal are evil entities. They keep making more and more money and raising their fees, yet their service and quality continues to decline. I am currently sitting on hold with the Paypal service center to ask a question regarding my account. I've noticed that now they no longer offer a toll free number as they used to. Greedy pigs. As if they're not making enough as it is. In addition, I've been waiting for over 20 minutes for a rep after wading through their incredibly obnoxious automated system. Before ebay owned them, you'd call a toll free number and have a live person on the phone within 60 seconds. These corporate scumbags really make me sick. Anyone feel the same?

2. Ben

Ben New Member

I concur. Customer service has bottomed out with Pay Pal.

Good luck, I feel your pain!

Ben

3. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

After almost 30 minutes, I finally get them on the phone. The rep barely speaks English and they tell me they can't help because their computer isn't working!! Can you believe it? What's ebay doing with all the billions they're making?

4. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I can't stand PayPal. After I moved I faxed PayPal copies of my Driver's License, Social Security Card and an old credit card bill in an attempt to prove my identity so I could withdraw funds from my account. They said that since I moved and had paid off the credit card I signed up with I had to produce a copy of an electricity bill from my old address and fax it to them to withdraw my money. Who keeps copies of old electricity bills? I'll never get that money back. I've heard countless PayPal horror stories. Be careful...

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

What are they doing?...making more Billions:laugh:Once a company reaches the "Ultimate" richness goal...Nothing else matters but the bottom line. This is only the beginning, wait till every company follows suit! I don't believe in the "Playpal";) System...My own CC or MO will do just fine.

6. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

True Michael, true. But it's a different story for people from foreign lands. I buy many items from USA, and Paypal for all its failings is pretty convenient for me. Maybe if there were a truly international bank giro system it would be different - as things stand if I cannot use Paypal or CC I have to take time off work to traipse to a travel agent or post office, pay commission on getting Dollars or Euros, and hope and pray that they will get to the vendor, thereby adding an element of risk and a week or two to the transaction time. For domestic purchases I use CC or personal cheque every time ... :)

7. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I've never had a problem with PayPal, but I've never needed their customer service department. Hopefull I won't.

8. John Hatter

John Hatter Senior Member

I'm with you Ox (may I call you Ox?) :)

I buy loads from Europe , and in particular Germany. In fact I've been waiting to spot a German MMT where the seller accepts Paypal for months, and just this week got one. I have sent cash in envelopes but Paypal works much better, and the fees and commissions are n't any more expensive than driving to the Post Office and paying for parking and queuing for the foreign exchange etc etc.

Now if only more French and German sellers would use it , we'd have a plentiful supply of German Beatle pressings.
    Cheers
    John

9. oxenholme

oxenholme Senile member

If only those German vendors knew how many times I haven't bothered to bid because of "payment by C.O.D." and "payment by wire transfer". It has to be something that I'm REALLY desperate for - Die Beatles or the like.

Mind you, I discovered to my horror that the geezer who was advertising Paypal on his flipover had "Personal Paypal", which despite the prominent Visa & Mastercard logos on his ad doesn't accept payments funded by credit cards. A case for the Trade Descriptions Act if ever there were one. :realmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.