Another question from me - an ebay newbie

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MikeT, Jan 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep Thread Starter

Ok - so in my short time on ebay I have won 5 auctions (I have even received one of the items already in the mail).

In one case out of the 5, I paid the seller via PayPal as requested in the auction page (since this was the only way to make payment) - and I sent him/her a few e-mails indicating that I paid and would like to know what I can expect with regard to shipment of my item. I have not gotten a response at all.

The sellers feedback is immaculate in over hundreds of buys and sells, so my question is how long should I wait to see if the seller responds? Have many people here received items via their auctions without ever corresponding with the seller, even when asking for responses?

(FYI - in my other 4 auctions won I was either contacted by the seller directly after winning their item, or the seller responded to me when I indicated to them I sent them payment.)

2. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Hi Mike -- I wouldn't say it's very uncommon to not have direct contact with the seller. Sometimes I do (and I prefer it) but I've also gone through without hearing from him/her once. It can seem nervewracking, but if the seller's feedback is perfect, then I'm sure you will get the item just fine. He's probably just very busy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.