"Ant-Man 3" is a GO!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by soundboy, Nov 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Someone should remind Marty that not every film
    needs to be “arty farty”. Some are for entertainment:)

F_C_FRANKLIN, Vidiot and BeatleJWOL like this.
  2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Nice. The first two were a lotta fun. My daughter loved them.

F_C_FRANKLIN likes this.
  3. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

The big question is will Tom Scharpling FINALLY make the cut in this one???

4. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think deep down, he knows. Me, I've paid actual money to see the Ant Man films and enjoyed them quite a bit. Preferred the first one to the second, but neither was bad at all. The Marvel films are far more my kind of cinema than (say) Man of Steel or Justice League.

pool_of_tears likes this.
  5. pool_of_tears

I enjoy the Ant Man films, and I’ll check out the the third one, for sure. Slightly off topic, the one Marvel I really was surprised by, is Doctor Strange.

Vidiot likes this.
  6. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

They've been saying that "Strange 2" will be a scary one, but, I hope he remains as 'wise-cracking' and 'music-nerd' as he was in the first one!

pool_of_tears likes this.
  7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

The Dr. Strange comic books were really trippy and bizarre, and I don't think creator/artist Steve Ditko got enough credit for what he did with them. He got overshadowed by Stan Lee, who (to me) wasn't nearly as responsible for the weirdness of the Dr. Strange character and comics. I'm glad that least the movies credit Ditko as co-creator (and Ditko got a small fortune for his contributions to both this character and Spiderman).

About the only thing I don't like about the Dr. Strange movies is that Benedict Cumberbatch struggles with speaking in an American accent, and I always hear his native British tongue slipping through. He's a brilliant actor in everything he does, particularly Sherlock Holmes, but I kind of wince every so often when I hear his dialogue.

budwhite and pool_of_tears like this.
  8. pool_of_tears

I never noticed the accent sneaking through. I’ll have to rewatch it.

9. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

Have both Ant Man films on BR looking forward to the 3rd.

10. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Love the Ant-Man flicks. And seeing Evangeline Lilly in the Wasp outfit is nice to look at too. :D

I do enjoy how each film introduces other characters from the comics so it will be sweet to see more of Bill Foster if he returns for AM3. Still, more Hank and especially Janet will be too sweet. Overall though, I'm really looking forward to how the Fantastic Four will be introduced into the MCU. As for the Doctor Strange sequel, putting Wanda in there with Strange is going to make for some quality storytelling. Fingers crossed for the return of Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver too.

11. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I feel it's pretty pointless to bring him back just to be only plain ol' Bill Foster.

FVDnz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.