Any BORIS fans?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gmku, Dec 21, 2011.

1. seasonsinthesky

seasonsinthesky orphan coal, sleep, etc.

Boris announced on Instagram that they're also releasing an EP soon on TRASH-UP!! Records.

tears e.p.
    1. どうしてもあなたをゆるせない -Sadesper Record Version-
    2. u fu fu
    3. To the Beach
    4. Peaches
    5. どうしてもあなたをゆるせない -Instrumental-

Looks like they were busy in the studio last year!

2. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Strange there’s no pre-order information yet.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  3. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Karloff
    Johnson &
    The Spider

4. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Maurice likes this.
  5. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Following that link, I explored on the Inoxia site and found a page on last year's A/N release. Apparently it's a collaboration with Takeshi, Atsuo and a couple of members of ZOA. I must have missed when this was announced and I'm not familiar with ZOA, does anyone here have this EP and can comment on what they think of it?

A/N 素描集I [FAS-011] - 3,024円 : INOXIA RECORDS, onlinestore

6. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I think I posted about it in this thread, or maybe elsewhere. They now have 2 releases out, the first one has different tracks on LP vs CD [edit: so making it three pretty much]. I dig them a lot, but I’m pretty much a Boris fanboy.

A/N【eɪ-ɛn】第二幕 “日々” 2019/4/12 (金) 高円寺HIGHにて開催

7. pghmusiclover

8. PaulMcCartneysGhost

PaulMcCartneysGhost Forum Resident

9. seasonsinthesky

Preorders are up for LOVE & EVOL as well as the Feedbacker and Akuma no Uta reissues, all at Third Man. Feedbacker and Akuma will also have tour-exclusive color pressings.

leeroy jenkins and crazy eights like this.
  10. pghmusiclover

Here’s the order link:

LφVE & EVφL

11. seasonsinthesky

They've announced today Heavy Rocky Party, their new fanclub. A tiny bit more info and "pre-"signup here.

The page also has the original version of Tears, which will be on another new album called 1985.

12. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

So it looks like 2 12" 45's, or are the other tracks long ones? "Love" sounds fantastic, might have to pre-order this before it sells out.

seasonsinthesky likes this.
  13. dinosaur33

dinosaur33 Active Member

Went to the first night of the tour last night in San Diego.

They had Tour Edition Colored Vinyl of the Feedbacker and Akuma no Uta reissues available for $25, but also had the Tour Edition Colored Vinyl of Love and Evol available already for $30.

I bought Love and Evol but haven't had a chance to open it up yet. Looks like two separate jackets shrinkwrapped as one package.

Maurice, leeroy jenkins and Mr. H like this.
  14. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

No other tour exclusives this time around? I am crazy about this band but I don’t think I’ll be able to see them on this tour. I need to know what to search for on the second hand market.

15. dinosaur33

dinosaur33 Active Member

I thought 3 different tour exclusives was pretty good! Do they usually do more than that?

This was my 3rd time seeing them and this was the most I remember seeing. I was so excited to see Love and Evol for sale so early.

They had a ton of other merch - a beautiful double-sided tour poster of the album cover, lots of pins, bottle openers, at least 6 or 7 shirts, etc...

Mr. H likes this.
  16. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

No, but sometimes there are things that aren’t just color variants, such as the Vein CD, The Thing That Solomon Overlooked box, and a few live things.

17. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Did they have any CDs on sale? I’m hoping to fill in a few gaps in my Boris collection when they come to Maine next month.

18. dinosaur33

dinosaur33 Active Member

Boris did have CDs for sale, I think two, but I didn't catch what they were or prices. I know they were definitely not Love and Evol. Hopefully it's something good for you guys.

Also the opener, Uniform, was incredible and the crowd really responded. They had 4 LPs and 4 CDs for sale. I would definitely catch them if you can.

Mr. H likes this.
  19. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

If anybody is seeing Boris and can pick me up copies of the colored LPs PM me please.

20. crazy eights

crazy eights Truckstop Lovechild

saw the show at elsewhere in booklyn tonight, opening bad was okay, boris was awesome as usual
    because i have to i was about 3 feet away from wata, guitar tone magnificence but the vocals were lacking, they only miked them for the club sound system so the stage volume was lacking and wata sang on a few songs that i couldn't hear (sadly unfortunate)

merched out on the tour edition of the new release on colored vinyl and bought the third man edition of boris live to tape (also got a bandshirt for my daughter because she couldn't make the show tonight)

i gave the band a 10 because they're boris and boris always deserves a 10 i gave the club a 5 because security was really cool but they have some nerve charging the inflated prices for food and drink as most clubs do

never the less i saw boris live tonight and my life is better for it

ps i have mellowed in my old age because i let the wanker in front of me take the setlist instead of grabbing it myself, it was just a print out anyway so i don't regret my act of generosity LOL

MungoMusic, Mr. H, porieux and 2 others like this.
  21. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Any reviews of the new one? Love Evol....

I saw Uniform open for Deefheaven they were so cool live. That downtuned see through guitar was awesome. But, the record is much different from how they sounded live. Night and day.

Gonna see Boris in a couple weeks can't wait. I love Rainbow. Cool record.

Mr. H, crazy eights and pghmusiclover like this.
  22. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

I have a 2010 Southern Lord pressing of Amplifier Worship, I've never played it since opening it.:hide:

Marko K, Greenalishi and crazy eights like this.
  23. Zack

Zack Senior Member

He came to a sticky end, unfortunately.

Greenalishi and crazy eights like this.
  24. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

If you weren't going to play it, why did you open it?

Greenalishi likes this.
  25. pghmusiclover

For those that got it early, I’d love to hear some thoughts about the new album...

Greenalishi likes this.