Any Closet Osmond Brothers Fans Here?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by musicfan37, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Not really. I have a Donny Osmond compilation from the 70s on LP with "Puppy Love" on it. It's worn out and I never played it. I don't treat records like that. Somebody probably gave it to me to get rid of it. It happened. People had 20 LPs and think it took so much space. They had gone over to the cassette. And grown out of Osmond. Never liked it much tbh, not even when I was a kid. :mudscrying:

Jarleboy likes this.
  2. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

The Love Me For A Reason was too 'funky' and the only big hit was the title track which was a soulful ballad. Then, their next album was full of ballads which was too much of a good thing.:)

The Donny & Marie show killed their record sales stone dead. People won't bother buying your records if you're on TV every week.

Jarleboy likes this.
  3. Malc

Malc Forum Resident

The following Brainstorm album had some good stuff on there, but by the time of Steppin' Out they tried too hard to latch onto the late disco/Bee Gees influence.
    One of my favourites was this b-side only cut from 1974, featuring Wayne up front. Worth a listen...

4. Bobby Morrow

Not heard that before. It's better than most of the songs on Love Me For A Reason! Thanks for posting.

Brainstorm had some decent songs and I Can't Live A Dream really should have been a smash.

musicfan37, Jarleboy and Malc like this.
  5. Scott S.

Scott S. lead singer for the best indie band on earth

Negative Tendencies may be covering an Osmonds song before too long.

Jarleboy likes this.
  6. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

7. Bobby Morrow

Does anyone know why the Osmonds 1976 Christmas album had 2 tracks missing in the UK? It has 18 compared to the US which had 20. The 18 track version is the one that's on CD.

8. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

I used to know a girl who was the ultimate fan. Even though I don't care for them, I respect that kind of fanatic loyalty.
    Kind of like in a strange way I respect a few friends who have Cleveland Browns season tickets and go to every game. :crazy:

9. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

10. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

11. Bobby Morrow

I have some, but they’re difficult to get on here now Photobucket has collapsed.:cry:

12. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

Can't say I've ever delved much deeper, but I've been in the "Crazy Horses" cult since way back when. A friend of mine's band covered that song, and the singer got me into it. It's like the greatest-ever Aerosmith song, not done by Aerosmith themselves.

13. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  14. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Donny Osmond fan barks during 'Puppy Love'

Darryl

15. Never felt they reached quite the pinnacle of The Jackson Five but they did make some darn catchy records.

16. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

That's one way of putting it.....

17. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Being The Osmonds (2003 UK Documentary)

Darryl

18. Troy4

Troy4 Forum Resident

Some friends had a spare ticket going free to see them at Earls Court London at the hight of there fame in the 70s .
    So having nothing better to do that evening I went.
    It turned out I knew more lyrics to there songs than I thought.
    They put on a brilliant show and I had a great time.
    I hope Jimmy is getting better.

19. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

20. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

21. Cast Iron Shore

I'm out of the closet and declare Crazy Horses to be one of the essential albums of the 1970s.

musicfan37 and bob60 like this.
  22. Bobby Morrow

I wish Crazy Horses would get a remastered, stand-alone CD release like The Plan did in 2001.

Mark B. likes this.
  23. Mark B.

Mark B. Forum Resident

Yeah, with that Utah Saints re-mix as a bonus track.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  24. Cast Iron Shore

It got a remastered release two-fer with The Plan, but it sounds like ca-ca as they did a "modern remastering" job, complete with clipping all over and even brickwalling in places. The Plan CD you are referring to sounds fine and didn't suffer the same fate.

25. Bobby Morrow

Yes, the two-fer has dropouts too. Tim Turan (Cherry Red’s mastering guy at the time) made a real mess of them.

Though the 1976 onwards Polydor albums sound better. Simply because they don’t have tape problems though they’re just as loud!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.