Any current/upcoming Tower coupon codes?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hamburgerpimp, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

No cost. They'll just ask you for an e-mail address at the checkout and that's it. Takes a few seconds.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

:cool:

Just returned from Borders. Got my card, and picked up a LS SACD for $9.05 after tax :righton:

3. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

The coupon code above does not work for me. Says "coupon can only be used once". Anychance it was a one time usage musicfan37?

4. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Yea, I get: Coupon Code (86CN3VAGBCTY) can only be used once.

No code I have tried works. Maybe there are no coupons right now.

Amazon.com's prices are lower anyway. Only thing about them I don't like is the slow shipping.

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I received it in an email yesterday. I haven't tried using it yet. It doesn't say anything about "one time only". Sorry.

6. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

code FT5N467 for 15% off $40 purchase + free ship definitely works. I just used it to order 3 discs.

7. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

Individualized coupons

I received the same offer, same expiry, but a different code. It seems these codes are personalized.

8. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk Grounded Space Cadet

Hey, I was told by a manager at Borders that these ("these" meaning coupons from the cheetahmail.com domain) aren't legit. Was she wrong?

9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

By comparing yours and the one above, are you able to determine any pattern to the numbers/letters? I changed a few things around, but nothing worked.

They took mine at my local store ;)

10. Manos

Manos Forum Resident

No pattern

Nothing I can detect, SamS. The number of characters is the same, and the first four characters are identical. After that, there are no patterns. Even some letters change to numbers.

11. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Expires 7-11. :realmad:

Still, with the import sale and no shipping, I ordered two Chi-Lites albums, Ray Charles GENIUS SINGS THE BLUES and the Japan 10cc TEN OUT OF TEN for $68 out the door. Lord knows it would've been MUCH more at my local Tower! :thumbsup:

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Refer to other Tower thread for coupon advice.

13. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

You wait til NOW to tell me!? :laugh:

14. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

We need more coupons!!! I want to place an order.

15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Join The Tower Insider. You get a bunch.

16. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I didn't get much of any from that. Just two lousy offers:

Take $10 Off Your Next Online Purchase of $50 or More at Tower.com!

Take $5 off Your Next Online Purchase of $30 or More at Tower.com!

17. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Those are lousy?

One is 20% off, and the other is 17% off.

Pretty good if you ask me.

18. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

If your order totals exactly $50 or exactly $30 perhaps.

If I want to order two Jesus & Mary Chain dualdiscs, that works out to 29.98, so that means I need to buy a third to use the $30 offer. That's not 17% off.

For the $50 offer, I'd have to buy 4 of them (approx. but not quite $60) before I could redeem that one.

Since I only wanted "Automatic" dualdisc anyway, I ordered it from TheWherehouse.com for a total of 16.11 with the shipping and sales tax.

19. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

No, no, no.

All you have to do is go to the cd singles section and add on a .79 cent cd single. Problem solved!

20. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Those are preety good man!

Some stuff is already discounted, and the coupons on top of that plus free shipping.

21. KBanya

KBanya Active Member

Actually, the order I just placed was cheaper at CDUniv. using the Google Checkout deal than with the Tower $10 off and free shipping.

22. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

New coupon code...15% off $30 or more? (INS711) (exp. 7/17/06)

Don't know if I'm on to something, but I did a Google search for "Tower Records coupon codes" and happened upon the following:

Tower Records Coupons Coupon Code Exp.
    15% off $30 INS711 7/17/06
    http://www.alexscoupons.com/tower-records-coupons.html

Doesn't say $30 or more, but...anyone here want to try it? The nomenclature "INS711" makes me wonder if the offer already expired.

This just in...it's a repeat of above, with added nomenclature of "15% off $30 and above," Same code (INS711) and expiration date of 7/17/06...whaddya think?
    http://www.dealtaker.com/TowerRecords-coupon-code-a376-c.html

23. tatifan

tatifan Senior Member

damn! thanks for the 15% off coupon! I was way over $50, so that $10 off one wasn't looking too good any more!

24. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I just used it myself and it works! Unfortunately, I found out the free shipping only applies from USA Tower wherehouse to USA addresses. Two of my titles were UK imports and I got dinged $20 for international mail! (plus CA 8.25% Sales tax) D'oh! The 15% off coupon code basically erased the shipping charge. This is what I got, a long time coming, hybrid SACDs from year 2002/2003:

+Spandau Ballet/True (shipped from US, amazingly)
    +Deep Purple/Machine Head (shipped from US)
    +Bjork/Vespertine (shipped from US)
    +Jeff Beck/Blow by Blow (shipped from UK)
    +Miles Davis/Kind of Blue (shipped from UK)

My wallet is going to hate me but once I play the hybrid "True" in my car, I'll know it was worth it! (I know this much is true!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.