Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

I feared I might be the only one watching and one season would be it. But alas . . . there are others. :)

2. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Great show. Dare I say the best NEW show of the season?

3. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I caught up with this show during the writers' strike while re-runs were broadcasted. I usually avoided the CBS Monday comedy night, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Very funny.

4. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Great episode this week - Sheldon getting sick. The writers and actors are firing on all cylinders right out of the strike. I am particularly amused that the writing staff on this show has found a solid ground in the first season, considering the initial premise seemed to imply Leonard would be chasing Penny week in and week out. Instead, they've actually made it feel like Penny and the guys really have a solid "good neighbors" relationship, and having her enter their world isn't forced.

5. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I love it. Often very funny and very clever. :righton:

6. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

It is being shown here in the UK on Channel 4 - I love it, though it looks like we are a bit behind you lot (Up to about Ep. 5 )

7. lasvidfil

lasvidfil Forum Resident Thread Starter

" 10 1/2 hours of Apey goodness!" I almost shed tears of joy when i heard that. Even my wife loves the show now and she initially wasn't interested. Sheldon makes the show no doubt but after hearing Wolowitz imitate his mother, this guy needs more screen time!

8. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Great Show.

9. lasvidfil

Tonight's episode was great. This show continues to be so funny and having Penny walk out in her Hello Kitty briefs is even better. Funniest moment was Leonard using the time machine to go to the future while the other 3 moved in high speed. Hysterical! If you missed it, check out CBS or Hulu.com to watch it.

10. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Wow, you just bashed three of my favorite comedies. :shh: :angel: ;)

11. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I enjoyed this show last night, but How I Met Your Mother was excellent.

12. bencasey

bencasey New Member

When I was in High School I went to just such a marathon. Without the ape masks though.

13. lasvidfil

Kinda dissapointed in tonight's episode where Leonard, Raj and Wolowitz compete for Sheldon's hot sister. That's a great plot for these charachters but they didn't pull it off. A lot of the jokes fell flat. Oh well, they can't all be gems.

14. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

Wow, I couldn't disagree more. My son and I were in tears by the end, when Raj's medication wore off and he went whimpering down the stairs! :biglaugh:

OTOH, whoever played Missy was extremely inconsistent with her Texas twang. Oh well. It's not like that was the only thing about her we paid attention to!

15. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

After yesterday's Two and a Half Men and TBBT, Chuck Lorre is my favorite person in the world!

16. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Last nights episode was the best of the year..

17. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

My son and I have been quoting it all day.

"I tell my friends all about my brother, the rocket scientist."
    "A rocket scientist??? I'm a (some kind of scientist I can't remember), not a rocket scientist!"
    "What's the difference?"
    "What's the DIFFERENCE??? You may as well have told them I was a toll-taker at the Golden Gate Bridge!"

18. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Sheldon would be so angry that you don't remember he's a theoretical physicist! :winkgrin:

19. shane

shane Active Member

My wife and watch this show and both love it. I wondered how long it could go on in the beginning because of the initial plot (nerdy guy falls for hot neighbor) but the show isn't even about that anymore. I think from the beginning it was supposed to be Johnny Galecki's show but his character has been put on the back burner and Sheldon is obviously the funniest thing about he show. Leonard's love for Penny is now more of a side story and the main meat of the show is something else. I'm glad that this happened because like I said the original story line was pretty weak and Sheldon is absolutely hilarious.

Shane

20. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Excellent cast. Simon Helberg as Howard Wolowitz always breaks me up.

21. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I was sure that I would dislike the show, but watched an episode early in the season to humor my wife. Well, she was right. This show and Two and a Half Men are the only comedies I watch.

22. Big Al

Big Al Active Member

:laugh: No kidding!

23. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm not positive, but I think they're only sitcoms I watch. I don't think The Office is in this category. Two and a Half Men is a great show.

24. lasvidfil

I'm with ya there. Big Bang, 2 & 1/2, Office and Earl. That's it for my sitcoms. Tried How I Met Your mother and couldn't get into it

25. ress4279

ress4279 Senior Member

Very funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.