Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fergojisan

fergojisan Atari 2600 Gadabout

I'm looking forward to this, I'll be watching when I get home from work today. Thanks for not spoiling it! :righton:

2. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

I have NO idea what this show is about...I am REALLY board tonight & am flipping around about 8:30....catch the end of the show with a gag about & naming Pasadena City College !!! :laugh:
    Got to see this show.

3. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

This has been great this season.. The episode with Raj being in People magazine was classic...

4. Jeff Minn

Jeff Minn Senior Member

Yeah, no sophomore slump at all. I am enjoying this season as much as last. :righton:

5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I'm enjoying it more this season. I think the writers have a better handle on who the characters are and the inside jokes make it that much funnier.

6. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

A great show. One of my faves was the sending the command all round the world to switch on a lamp 3 feet away and how excited they were and Penny's total 'oh jeez' attitude to it. I've seen that kind of stuff for real in a dept I worked in at work a while ago.

I was brought in to give the guys a 'reality check' on the many different pet projects they were working on. I nearly made a few cry. oops.

We were all once asked to write a pargraph in a team meeting to describe our jobs.

I just wrote -

"I talk to geeks, so you don't have to!"

When I said that out loud, there was much spraying of latte through nostrils.

7. Dr. Weber

Dr. Weber New Member

...and in the final seconds two Chinese geeks are laughing and marveling at their light being switched on and off by... checking their computer, Wolowizard... :laugh:

8. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

It's my new favorite comedy. So much so that as I was planning a trip to LA for November 12, I made sure that I would stay until the 18th, so I could see the show live and in person!

9. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

It's a great show. Kaley IS hot, or should I say, STILL HOT - she was on the late John Ritter's last series, 8 Rules about dating my daughter.

AND...

You should know, if you are going to be in the Los Angeles area, you can actually be in the studio audience while they film the show!

http://www.tvtickets.com/fmi/xsl/shows/browserecord.xsl?&Show=big+bang

10. minerwerks

minerwerks Forum Resident

Envy me, Kaley worshippers! During the taping I watched last night, they did a take where Penny entered Leonard and Sheldon's apartment wearing nothing but a red bra and panties. But on the subsequent takes, she wore a pink tank top. Continuity wise, there's no way they could use the first take.

I think this episode is two weeks off. Before the taping, they showed us the episode that will air Monday.

11. Jay F

Jay F New Member

And no NPH.

I do think Sheldon is funny, though.

12. bencasey

bencasey New Member

The show is hysterical, well written and intelligent. This and 30 Rock are the only 2 sitcoms I watch. And yes, Kaley is a total babe from head to toe. Really sexy and not in a TV stick figure way either.

13. lasvidfil

lasvidfil Forum Resident Thread Starter

Glad to see a lot of people still watching. No sophomore slump on this show. Very funny this season and still loving Kaley as well. Hate the stick figure chicks too. I think they should have continued a little more on her dating Leonard. They just completely dropped it.

14. The Keymaster

The Keymaster Forum Resident

I've been into this show since the very first episode. The critics hated it at first, so I felt like I had to deem it a "guilty pleasure" back then...but they seem to have come around by now. I think a lot of people shut up when it got picked up for a second season. :)

I haven't liked a network sitcom since "Seinfeld," but the dialogue in this one is just too great to pass up. And the characters have also really come into their own by this point.

15. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

What's with Leonard's new girlfriend, the doctor played by Sara Rue? Are the producers teasing us with a "Ross/ Rachel" situation with Leonard and Penny? Do we have to wait until the series wraps up in four or five years until those two get together?

16. rburly

It is an odd situation (since I wasn't a "Friends" fan, I don't know that plotline). I thought Leonard and Penny would get together after last year's "date". But, no. So, yeah, it's looking like the current situation with the doctor (the sex is SO great!) is going to continue for quite a while, even though I thought that would be a short-lived fling. But I'm guessing that's the new plan: see how long they can keep this storyline moving.

17. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I'm not a "Friends" fan, either, but the basic "Ross/ Rachel" plotline over the span of the series was:

Ross is madly in love with Rachel; his love is unrequited; after several stumbles the couple finally gets together; couple breaks up; despite relationships with others for both Ross and Rachel, he still longs for her and she might still long for him, although it looks like they will never get together; years pass and the series comes to an end, the happy couple unconvincingly get together in the series finale.

The audience's expectations and emotions for that relationship were played by the producers for ratings boosts over and over again like the promise of a fresh steak in view but just out of reach of a chained, starving dog.

18. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I never thought Ross and Rachel made any sense together. They had nothing in common.

19. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

I confess. This is one of my guilty pleasures also. It is amazing that the Sheldon character has simply stolen the show.

20. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

No chemistry between those two actors, either (IMO), but I think we are in the minority. Millions of viewers desparately wanted those two characters to end up together.

21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Wolowitz: Sheldon, if you were a robot, and I knew and you didn't, would you want me to tell you?

Sheldon: That depends. When I learn that I'm a robot, will I be able to handle it?

Wolowitz: Maybe, although the history of science fiction is not on your side.

Sheldon: Uh, let me ask you this: when I learn that I'm a robot, would I be bound by Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics?

Koothrappali: You might be bound by them right now.

Wolowitz: That's true. Have you ever harmed a human being, or, through inaction, allowed a human being to come to harm?

Sheldon: Of course not.

Koothrappali: Have you ever harmed yourself or allowed yourself to be harmed except in cases where a human being would've been endangered?

Sheldon: Well, no.

Wolowitz: I smell robot.

22. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

Sheldon: I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

23. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Why is that amazing? He is the show.

24. rburly

That was a great line! :D

25. The Keymaster

The Keymaster Forum Resident

Yeah. That seemed pretty obvious to me from the very first episode.

I like all the other characters (and Wallowitz, who annoyed the heck out of me for most of the first season, has really grown on me), but Sheldon is the star of that show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.