Any fans of The Big Bang Theory on CBS?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by lasvidfil, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

I still love friends because that time and the show it show itself..
    No over top sex jokes or anything like that..
    Big Bang is now mere space dust..
    When two girls were introduced .. In real life nerds
    rarely marry and only to each other..
    Did you know Jack Blacks parents are scientists..
    When heard this I went hmmm..

2. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

I have seemingly intelligent friends who just love this show.
    I don't get it, it's not funny , and you can see the "jokes" coming a mile away.

3. atomic powered poster

atomic powered poster Well-Known Member

The first two or three seasons .... they where okay. I watched a new episode recently and wow, that was boring. Unfunny, stupid, i felt like i have watched that at least 100 times before, old jokes, same relationship-storys as in a 80's sitcom. Who is wasting his time with crap like that? I don't know.

4. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

you were correct...it sucked. there are a lot of people out there who like things that suck.

5. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Well that true because regardless of what you like there's going to be people who think what you like sucks. :)

Benno123 likes this.
  6. RK2249

RK2249 Forum Resident

I have never, ever laughed at a single joke on Friends.

7. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Season Premiere thoughts?

Not so great IMHO. Treading water.

8. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Yeah I watched last night because the wife was watching. Nothing great IMO. This show ran out of gas a long time ago.

Keith V and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Agreed. Getting really tired. And seriously, another baby? What's next, a long lost twin brother? At least Stuart's getting some!

10. greenhorn

greenhorn Forum Resident

Used to like Big Bang, Season Premire was a dud. The Sheldon as a child show was not very geood at all.

11. KinkySmallFace1991

KinkySmallFace1991 Will you come back to me, Sweet Lady Genevieve?

I gave up on Big Bang last year when I joined an after-school club. The last season I bought on Blu-Ray/DVD was 8, I think, and I never watched it.

Watched the season premiere last night and said. "Wow! Looks like I didn't miss much." Penny is a loser and unbearable.

Guess I've been spoiled after discovering older classics like Frasier, The Office and Parks and Rec. Here's hoping Brooklyn Nine-Nine is solid tonight!

Benno123 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  12. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I've seen the promo spots and I actually toyed with the idea of flying to wherever that kid is and giving him a smack in the head. I don't think I could get through a whole episode. :)

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  13. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I know these actors are getting paid fantasy salaries, but Kunal Nayyar must be getting tired of playing such a sad sack character.

14. Mirrorblade.1

Same seemed happened David Schimmer..Ross..
    CBS loves money thats why this bore of show is still on..
    2 more years then out man..

KinkySmallFace1991 likes this.
  15. KinkySmallFace1991

Jon Cryer suffered the same problem starting around season 8 of Two and a Half Men.

16. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

They will all be type cast forever. Once this show is over we'll probably never hear from any of them again. At least that is my prediction.

I guess a couple could do commercials but that will be about it.

17. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Jim Parsons maybe. I think the rest will find gainful employment because their characters aren't so idiosyncratic.

18. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

What did we think of Monday’s show? It was better than the premiere but that’s a low bar to better.

19. profholt82

profholt82 Resident Blowhard

Perhaps for some, but Kaley Cuoco was on a very successful sitcom prior to this one, and Johnny Galecki's previous sitcom was even more popular than this one.

20. KinkySmallFace1991

Between the Vegas shooting and Tom Petty's death, I didn't have the energy to stomach another episode of this show. Once upon a time, it used to lift me up, now it just brings me down. FWIW, the latest episode of Brooklyn Nine-Nine gave me the creeps.

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I thought it was worse. Bernadette is the most unlikable character on the show and so they stuck her in a manufactured pi**ing contest with Amy about who's the better person based on how much coin she makes, just to make her even less likable. I'm also sick and tired of the same Pharma gags about the various side effects. At this point, it's a dead show walking.

Keith V likes this.
  22. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I wasn't sure if Penny was still selling pharma or not. Multimillionaire Kaley Cuoco used to be cute and sweet. Now, she's a much better cultured person with that aire of money on the show. Its been on a downhill slide for me for a few years at least.

23. KinkySmallFace1991

No lie on that. I met her when I went to a season 4 taping about 7 years ago. She was so sweet and friendly, and looked more attractive in person. She had just come back from her horseback riding accident, and she was on crutches, but took time to deal with me, shook my hand and chatted to me for a little bit. I'll never forget that moment. I just wish there had been a photo. With what's become of the show, it just seems like a dream.

ted321 likes this.
  24. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

I think one of the contributing factors to the problems of Monday's show was that there are just too many characters, all needing/demanding/getting air time. The bulk of the show was centered around the "core" players, then there was that whole secondary story line involving the two other ladies that seemed like some sort of grafted-on, flailing storyline appendage that didn't quite fit with the rest of the body.

DreadPikathulhu and Keith V like this.
  25. Mirrorblade.1

Yes you are so right.. sadly they wouldn't leave gracefully like friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.