Any fans of the Volume channel on SiriusXM?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kwadguy, Jul 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

There's a channel on SiriusXM, "Volume", which is essentially like the SteveHoffman forums put online. It's talk radio all about music.

It's the thing I listen to most often on Sirius.

That said, it seems they've made some changes in the past few months--less live radio, more canned stuff like old interviews and (the worst) "10 Songs I Can't Live Without", a lame show where a random celebrity presents 10 songs they like.

Anyone else listening?

ModernDayWarrior likes this.
  2. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

I listen to it all the time. I love playing the 70’s 80’s 90’s Now game show on tuesdays at 1pm Eastern.

I just recently called in and played the game this past Tuesday and won all 4 rounds of the game. I’m only the 9th person in the history of the show to do so. I won some cool prizes also.

ARK and jwoverho like this.
  3. kwadguy

Nice. What did you win?

When I listen, I can usually get all the '70s and '80s stuff, but when it gets to rap/hip-hop/r&b from the '90s/now...not so hot.

4. smiecz

smiecz Sentient Being

I turned it on once and heard Bob Lefsetz talking. I’ve been afraid to listen to it ever since.

ytserush and Mr. D like this.
  5. ModernDayWarrior

You get a prize for every round you win.
    The first round I got the vinyl and double cd version of Beatles Abbey Road remix.

second round I got the 2 DVD set of The Cure 40 Live Cureation

third round I got Jimmy Buffett Buried Treasure cd/dvd and Slash and Myles Kennedy live at Hammersmith cd/Dvd

final round I got Steve Miller Welcome To The Vault box

Mr. D and ARK like this.
  6. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

It’s my preferred channel to and from work. Feedback in the morning and Debatable in the afternoon.

It’s good to have the validation that there are plenty of music obsessives out there.;)

Mr. D likes this.
  7. kwadguy

Nice score!

Are you eligible to play again at this point--or do you have to retire with your crown and goodies?

8. ModernDayWarrior

You have to wait 60 days to win again. I’ve played the game before and won as well.

kwadguy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.