Any Good Record/CD Shops In St. Louis?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by DennisF, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident Thread Starter

I will be traveling to St. Louis and staying near the stadium where the Cardinals play baseball. If anyone knows of good record/cd shops in the area, I would certainly appreciate a name and if possible, the general location. Thanks Dennis

2. knob twirler

knob twirler Senior Member

Here are a couple:

Vintage Vinyl: Delmar Avenue in University City, just west of downtown.
    In spite of the name, they have a lot more cd and dvd stock then vinyl at this point, although they have a lot of blues and jazz titles on vinyl, I believe.

Euclid Records: near Big Bend and Lockwood in Webster Groves. Excellent selection of vinyl - they are very selective, and there isn't much junk to go through to get to the goods.

Record Exchange: The place that time forgot. Lots of cheap vinyl, crap 80s and 90s metal cds, 8-tracks, laserdisc, cassettes, and big piles of junk. The guy who runs it is an ***, but if you have lots of time to look, it's a lot of fun. It's on Hampton in St. Louis city, south of highway 44.

Now Hear This: off Lindbergh Blvd in Kirkwood. Very small place, and half of it is now dedicated to death/speed/heavy metal. The other half is a pretty good selection of classic rock cds, "imports", etc. And there are usually some unusual dvds as well. Very nice guy runs it - he can order just about anything you can think of.

3. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

you could do a complete leisurely browse of Record Exchange, Vintage, and Euclid Records (east to west from downtown) in about six hours. go for it! my home turf.

4. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Dennis

5. AtcoFan

AtcoFan Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.