Any good record stores in Dallas??

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Tony Caldwell, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Daddy-O4

Daddy-O4 Senior Member

That could very well be. I'm strictly a used CD buyer so I have no reference point for the pre-expansion vinyl inventory. Having said that, I'm confident that they didn't build all those new bins just to leave them empty...:edthumbs:

2. River Flow

River Flow Well-Known Member

So I recently called up Forever Young to see if they had a used CD in stock (Eric Clapton's Money & Cigarettes). It's a 1/2 hour drive and I'm trying to keep somewhat of a threshold about going to non-essential places during a pandemic. The employee on the phone was polite, put me on hold to go check, came back and told me they had it. I asked the price. He said he'd have to put me on hold to find out (??? - I don't remember seeing used CDs without a price on them when I went before). He came back and told me $24.99 - I expressed some surprise, and he added that it's "out of print" and apparently an "original" release. Which reminded me of the little handwriting on their price stickers, used to justify a higher price.

Obviously I passed. Seemed a bit iffy... as if the person he asked (manager? owner?) thought "What, somebody actually wants that old thing? Let's milk this!" I'm in support of small businesses and everything, and I know people have to pay the bills, but I'm not paying that much for a freakin' used major label domestic Eric Clapton CD.

Daddy-O4 likes this.
  3. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Have you ever seen their online prices. Yikes!!!

River Flow and Daddy-O4 like this.
  4. River Flow

River Flow Well-Known Member

I just looked online - wow, my mind is blown!

clhboa likes this.
  5. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

That’s exactly why I rarely ever take the long drive to visit that place. Their prices are absurd. I usually leave empty handed and annoyed.

6. Daddy-O4

Daddy-O4 Senior Member

Sadly, that’s pretty typical pricing for this store. They have a lot of cool music memorabilia on display so maybe they’re going more the museum route with the pricing policy.

melstapler, River Flow and clhboa like this.
  7. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

I saw Josey posted they finished their Bills section of the store, no organization but they did put prices per the posting.