Any good vinyl and CD shops in San Diego area?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by MikeP5877, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm leaving soon for San Diego on a business trip. Are there any good vinyl or CD shops, particulary in or near La Jolla? I know they had a Tower Records last time I was there...

2. RDK

RDK Active Member

Lou's Records in Encinitas (10-15 minutes north of La Jolla). Not so much for vinyl (though they have much), but one of the best selections of new CDs I've ever seen in an indie shop. And cheaper than most shops. (They have a "used" store as well, but the new stuff is where they shine.) Don't miss it!

3. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

Lou's Records in Encinitas is great. They have 3 stores next to each other: New cdss and vinyl, used CDs and video.

Off the Record in Hillcrest is good for new rock and some hip-hop.

For audiophile vinyl (lots of it) and some CDs try Stereo Unlimited on Sports Aena Blvd. (http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt...AY7AdmOA--&stat=:pos:14:regular:regT:20:fbT:0)

The deal in Hih high end video and stereo and have a media room that carries most of the vinyl that poeple talk about on the boards.

There are two Towers in town, one in La Jolla and one on Sports arena blvd.

Everything else is either Hip-hop or just used CD stores.

Pacific Beach has 3 CD stores within 3 blocks: Mojo Soungs, Second Spin and Music Trader.

And Kobey's Swap Meet at Sports Arena has cds on the weekends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.