Any IMPORTCDS customers here?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Thesmellofvinyl, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member Thread Starter

Anyone ever bought from something called IMPORTCDS? I found it through the "used & new" link on amazon.com and I wonder if I should purchase CDs from them.

2. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I've bought dozens of CD's from them and only had one problem. They sent me a few discs I never ordered and one that I did order never arrived. I found it nearly impossible to reach them but once I did they asked me for the order number on the discs I got that were not ordered.

They said I needed that to send them back, but of course I didn't have one since I never ordered them. I finally got a refund from Amazon for the disc I never got but it was under $10.00.

Bottom line is I continue to buy from them.

Meanwhile I gave my extra discs to MatrixMan after he had his fire and lost his collection. Easy come, easy go. :D

3. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

IMPORTCDS recently sold the Traveling Wilburys Deluxe CD box set thru Amazon for $5 plus $3 shipping. They were quick, the deliveries were within a week in CA.

4. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

I've bought several things from them. Their prices are usually lower than other places and their shipping is fast.

5. child of nature

child of nature dreaming, more or less

I've had nothing but excellent experiences purchasing from them. :thumbsup:

6. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

You should also check out their own website as they sometimes have the same Amazon price but free shipping.

7. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Many discs and all excellent customer service here.

8. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident

I bought some of the Wilbury's CD from them. They arrived in perfect conditon, packed carefully, and still factory sealed.

9. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

Great seller and they've improved their service a good bit over the past couple of years.

10. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I've had excellent service from importcds. :thumbsup:

11. One of my favourite international marketplace sellers. :righton:

They are reliable and fast, which cannot be said about some other sellers (*cough* ...Caiman... *cough*).

12. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey, thanks guys. I saw their 98% rating but it's nice to hear your details. I'll plan on putting in an order. One reason I asked is I sent them a question a few days ago and haven't had a reply.

13. Good value, quick delivery and friendly Customer service over past 8 months.

14. George P

George P Notable Member

I had only one issue with them, they sent me the wrong remastering of a CD title.

But - they offered to not only give me a full refund, they even offered to pay for return shipping. I filled out the form and haven't got my refund yet, but it's only been a few days.

I wholeheartedly recommend them as an amazon seller.

15. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, they are slow with that, I've noticed. But each time they have gotten back to me.

16. George P

George P Notable Member

Good to know! Thanks. :righton:

17. Solid seller. They frequently try to undercut the other sellers on new cd pricing on Amazon.

18. George P

George P Notable Member

And unlike Caiman, they actually have all of the CDs that they advertise. :agree:

19. PoeRaider

PoeRaider Forum Resident

I've ordered several times from ImportCDS without a problem. Having said that, just yesterday I placed an order with them. They then refunded my money and told me the item was no longer available. When I checked Amazon marketplace, the item was still listed as available, but with a 2x higher price.

So, that may be my last order with them. That kind of thing doesnt sit well with me.

20. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Link?

21. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

22. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Same here. :righton:

23. Their website is a nightmare to find what you're looking for. They need a better search engine.

24. George P

George P Notable Member

So that's what it is.

I thought that they just didn't have as much on there as on amazon.

25. ABBAFANUSA

ABBAFANUSA Forum Resident

Them and Caiman are the only ones I buy from. Excellent service from both!
    Never a problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.