Any IMPORTCDS customers here?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Thesmellofvinyl, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerryb

Jerryb Senior Member

I read that but that was almost a month ago.

2. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

They said it would take 3-5 months to get massive inventory consolidated and online as they run on numerous sites.
    Kind of like third party ticket sellers.

Jerryb likes this.
  3. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Well I've got another one now.

Same story. I tried to order the same CD again seeing as it was in stock. Again they say cancelled due to no stock but it doesn't read right on 'My Account'. It just shows as 'Oustanding'.
    I sent them mail telling them what I thought of their service and that I was going to buy that CD elsewhere. In the meantime my other 4 CDs I have ordered along with the 'troublesome' one have been fine.
    Either it's a glitch with this one CD or their system doesn't work. The more hassle I get the more likely I will vote with my money and shop elsewhere.

4. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

I was shocked a couple of days ago that after 6 weeks they shipped my Paul Butterfield SACD. I have not yet even seen it listed as in-stock. That completes my order and I am happy. I was sure it'd be cancelled after 30 days. And my account information is now updated as well. Maybe things are improving.

5. mick_sh

mick_sh Hackney diamond

Well, I bought a couple of Sinatra MFSL SACDs @ $21.10 (their lowest price ever for those titles) and everything went smoothly. No complaints here.

6. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

I want buy this vinyl:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001ILKSOI/ref=gno_cart_title_0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=APZB0IDP1EYQW
    I ask to ImportCD's support about packing (trying to get a really mint copy), they say that can't controle that, they dont have the items that sell or something like that, even say "easy-to-open packaging" that dont sound good! maybe a cheap packing, so I possible get a destroyed vinyl.

any experience buy vinyl from importcds??? packing??? any help before order?

7. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

I've bought 8 LPs from them and their ebay store in recent months. The packaging is in two layers, an inner piece of reasonably stiff folded cardboard that covers the album and then another two pieces of softer, oversized cardboard that cover the inner layer. So far all my LPs (and their covers) have arrived here in Australia in pristine condition, notwithstanding the outer layer being heavily marked on every delivery. That includes one that the local postie dropped on its edge before handing to me. :realmad:

8. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

thanks, well I go to try...
    strange!, the same vinyl price is $20 more! on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buena-Vista...3468809?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item540785e709

9. Quark1134

Quark1134 Forum Resident

Yeh, the pricing is all over the place - sometimes cheaper on their ebay.com.au store, sometimes cheaper on their website. Hope your order comes through unscathed.

10. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

thanks, I order yesterday... well see if I get a mint copy!

11. E.Baba

E.Baba Forum Resident

Don't bother trying to buy Harry Manx - Live at Glenn Gould Studio regardless of how many they claim to have on their website !!

12. RedRaider99

RedRaider99 Forum Resident

I just ordered the Zeppelin box sets last week and I & II shipped immediately and arrived in 2 days with perfectly protected packaging (similar to how Amazon packs now), so no problems.

I accept that with this and some other internet sellers the downside is that they don't have Amazon's service and some other items that say "ships in 5-10 days" may never come in stock (so we'll see if my LZ III set comes or not...) but that is acceptable trade off to me to sometimes score new items at near wholesale price and have them shipped safely and quickly.

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

They've always packed my purchases bomb-proof.

14. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Too bad they charge tax to California.

15. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

I have purchased their vinyl on Amazon Marketplace. ImportCds is a crapshoot. LPs listed as NEW are opened with fingerprints, warped, scratches, noisy. Have received some listed as Like New that were definitely not like new. My gut feeling they are reselling customer returned items. Im getting tired of returning. And then they want you to pay return shipping. For me, I'm pretty much done with them, buyer beware in regards to their vinyl sales...

16. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

They are based in California.

ImportCDs (among other names) is the online retail arm of a giant distribution company called Super D Distribution, which is now the biggest one-stop in the country since buying up another called Alliance Entertainment.

17. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I've ordered from them many times over the years, either through eBay or through Amazon, never through their direct site. I've only ordered CDs and never had many problems other than the occasional cracked case. I would usually order non-domestic titles from them because they had the best prices. My last order was probably a few months ago.

18. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

Anyone know how long their customer service usually takes to get back to you? I emailed them on Wednesday and again today, and I still haven't heard anything back yet.
    I ordered a copy of Suede's "Royal Albert Hall" on vinyl, and got it on CD. I wouldn't necessarily mind having it on CD, but I paid for vinyl and either way that's still an extra 20 bucks.

19. Myke

Phone # is 855-258-9650. I always call them. And always use the UPC code when shopping online. Avoids these mixups.

20. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

Thanks, I'm gonna have to do that.
    Damnedest thing though, I looked at the UPC on the CD I got and it's the same as the one on the Vinyl's page, and different from the one on the CD's page. Me thinks someone at importCDs put the vinyl UPC sticker on the CD

21. Myke

Always check it on Google to see if it's genuine, then use it to hunt down the best price, etc.

Faders Up likes this.
  22. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Same with me. My only experience with them is buying MFSL SACDs (their prices are often great on those) and I've had no issues with them.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

Yeah, call them. You'll get someone right away.

24. sound chaser

sound chaser Senior Member

Usually very good, but customer services not so, I ordered Fairport Convention original cd from their ebay operation, they sent a remaster I already had. I sent it back on my dime they said they would refund, sent receipt scans etc, nothing.

They're probably such a big operation things go amiss.

25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.