Any love for Herbie {The Love Bug)?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by telliott, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telliott

telliott Senior Member Thread Starter

I've been on a Herbie kick since watching "Herbie Goes Bananas" on Disney Pius. It is really fun with great performances from Chloris Leachman and Harvey Korman. The kid is great too. I re watched the original with Dean Jones. The original is still the best by far. It is cool to see the late Dean Jones re appear randomly through subsequent films. The other films seem rather formulaic but Herbie remains lovable with his horn conveying a lot of emotion.

The theatrical films are all on Disney Plus. The TV movie and some (or all) of the very short TV series are free on YouTube.

What are your thoughts?

vinnie and longdist01 like this.
  2. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Perhaps some smart cable netlet can develop a series based on Herbie...where he talks. And engages in long soliloquies, artfully shot from different angles. :rolleyes:

"And now, in FX' series of 'Programs Nobody Ever Asked To Be Made..."

4. telliott

telliott Senior Member Thread Starter

I don't think anyone wants Herbie to talk.

beat_truck likes this.
  5. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

I don't think anyone wants childhood iconic memories to be exploited, either.

6. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member

The sound effects are hilarious now watching them as an adult. For example, when Herbie gets drunk on Irish Coffee, lol. Thorndyke is the ultimate villain. Loved this movie when I was young and still a very entertaining watch. The instrumental theme music used in the film is very catchy and awesome too.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    longdist01 and telliott like this.
  7. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

I love the first movie.

longdist01 likes this.
  8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I think the concept is cute. I haven't seen any of the movies yet but I've been meaning to check them out at some point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.