Any Must-Visit Atlanta CD Stores?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Roland Stone, Apr 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member Thread Starter

I'm in downtown Atlanta for business starting tomorrow, and curfew's at 5:00 daily. Any must-see music stores like Chicago's Dusty Groove? I'm CD only.

Atlanta seems to be more a Best Buy/Barnes & Noble at every third commuter exit, but I was wondering if there were any hidden treasures in the city itself, possibly in Buckhead or around the colleges.

2. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Tower is in the Buckhead vicinity, try them if interested in both new and used. Wuxtry's near Emory is another likely stop, although the staff has an occasional attitude problem. Eat More Records was always a regular stop of mine, but it is all the way out towards Lawrenceville. Pick up the "Creative Loafing" fish-wrapper for record store ads and locations.

3. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

4. alugjk

alugjk Senior Member

You might want to try the Little Five Points area.There are two pretty good stores there within walking distance of each other: Criminal Records (which is in a strip plaza next to Aurora Coffee and Junkman's Daughter) and Wax and Facts which is just past the Vortex (a good burger joint). Wax & Facts is more vinyl than CDs, but there ARE good CDs to be found there. They keep the used CDs in the back corner on the left.

I also echo the recommendation of Tower Records and Eat More Records (although as Andrew said, Eat More is quite a ways outside of town).
    -George

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.