Any Orbital fans on here?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JeffMo, Apr 14, 2012.

1. c-eling

c-eling They're made of light,We never would have guessed

:agree:
    [​IMG]

JeffMo and Dave 81828384 like this.
  2. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Just Some Guy

No wonder it took a week, only one has a paddle! :laugh:

c-eling, JeffMo and Groovy like this.
  3. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic Thread Starter

My sweaty mailman doesn’t look like them! :cool:

4. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

When I went to the Orbital online store today to look at the T-shirts I noticed that the only thing available in the '30-Something' store is the deluxe CD set, there's no trace of the vinyl at all.

I had thought it was strange that the signed copies were still available recently. It seems they were willing to sign every single copy ordered until release day, knowing that they were all done after that.

5. JeffMo

They did a few in store signings at places like HMV (in the UK of course).

I was eyeing the 4LP set at Deep Discount yesterday. It is in stock there if you are interested.

Groovy likes this.
  6. JeffMo

7. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Thanks, Jeff, mine arrived on Wednesday. I just thought it was interesting.

JeffMo likes this.
  8. JeffMo

Please let us know how you like it?

My subwoofer was getting a serious workout playing the cds earlier! :cool:

9. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

It's going to take a little while to soak it all in, I've only listened to it all once while making digital rips, but I'm definitely glad I bought this set.

Despite being aware of Orbital for a long time it wasn't the kind of music I paid much attention to until about ten years ago when I bought 'Wonky'. I liked about half of that but I absolutely love my 'Monsters Exist' deluxe box. Other than buying 'In Sides' a couple of months ago, I don't have any other Orbital music so most of this revitalized old stuff is actually new to me.

So far, all the 'Chime' remixes have caught my attention the most.

As for the vinyl, they're the best pressings I've bought all year - just a momentary patch of static in the middle of 'Belfast (David Holmes Remix)', otherwise they're perfect.

Someone on Discogs said it was a little hard to get the covers out of their box but I had no such issue.

The slip mat looks great.

And this morning I became aware that the 'Belfast (ANNA Ambient Remix)' is download only (not on the 2 CD set and there's no download with the vinyl) so I got that to complete the release and, as the guy who wrote the review on The Edge site said, it is one of the better versions.

10. JeffMo

There is also a b-sides rarities mix only on You Tube.

Groovy likes this.
  11. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Just Some Guy

I mentioned to Jeff that I really liked that track.

JeffMo and Groovy like this.
  12. I-OD

I-OD Forum Resident

Although this is thread is about Orbital, (Also a fan from the 90´s) I would recommend you have a listen to Bicep if you already haven’t, they got their own identity but you might find similarities :) they have released 2 albums and new single is out and it sounds great to my ears.

JeffMo and Groovy like this.
  13. shadowlizard

shadowlizard Well-Known Member

This is good to hear — I really love Monsters Exist (although the proposition itself isn't one I look forward to debating with my almost-four-year-old). As the author of the review also notes, the later albums do tend to get dismissed. I do feel like it's not as well sequenced as some of their other albums, but that's probably just me.

14. YarRevenge

YarRevenge Forum Resident

Snivilisation is a masterpiece electronic album, I don't like rest of Orbital.