Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Riddle uses the BROhammer :laugh:

Matthew Tate and RayS like this.
  2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

PWInsider reports that the second season of VICELAND’s Dark Side of the Ring is reportedly being planned to release late this month. That would have it airing around the time of Wrestlemania.

The season will run for ten episodes focusing on nine topics, with one of them as a two-part special. It’s unknown what episode, but the rumor is that the Benoit family tragedy will be the two-parter. It will feature Nancy Benoit’s sister Sandra Toffoloni and Chris Benoit’s son David. She has said this publicly on social media, reunited with David and thanked Dark Side of the Ring for that reunion. They were together at an AEW PPV last year.

Other topics include the Brawl for All, Dino Bravo, New Jack, Herb Abrams and Owen Hart. The first season covered the murder of Bruiser Brody, the Von Erich family, The Montreal Screwjob, The Fabulous Moolah, and Randy Savage and Elizabeth and more. It was renewed for a second season back in July.

JamieC and Dugan like this.
  3. MikeInFla

4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

It looks like the city of Tampa is moving to take the decision out of WWE's hands and cancel Wrestlemania. Thinking about it I realize that the economic impact that Tampa wanted could end in a massive disaster now. As I just explained to my wife its not the ticket holders in the stadium, its everything else that happens in the week before Wrestlemania. Every indy promotion of note runs shows throughout the area, fan conventions and signings are everywhere. Every indy star in the world shows up, and the worst thing now is the fans. Easily four times the WWE crowd alone just "soaking up the atmosphere". A destination that fans plan for all year. FROM ALL OVER THE FREAKIN' WORLD!
    This could be a disaster. I hope Tampa does shut it down in the interest of public safety

Dugan, j4yheindeo and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

6. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Have it at the Performance Center.

7. jmobrien68

That's where they are doing the NXT show tonight.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. Valkenburg

Valkenburg Forum Resident

9. jmobrien68

10. MikeInFla

It was confirmed yesterday that tonight’s episode of Friday Night Smackdown was being moved to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, after it had been originally set to air from Detroit. Now, it seems Monday’s episode of RAW could suffer the same fate. WrestleVotes reports that the plan is currently to move the episode to Orlando after it had been scheduled to air from Pittsburgh.

11. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I’ve only watched brief snatches of “Smackdown” over the last few years for the most part, but the best episode was when most of the talent was stuck in Saudi Arabia and they had to make it up as they went along and use NXT talent prominently. I’m going to DVR this one just to check it out.

Dugan, Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  12. MikeInFla

Same, I have not watched it or Raw in a long time. Will check out Smackdown tonight or DVR it.

RayS and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. MikeInFla

WWE has still not made a decision on whether or not to postpone Wrestlemania, which is scheduled to happen on April 5 from the Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. As of now, it’s still scheduled to happen in spite of the Coronavirus outbreak, although Tampa officials are considering pulling the plug. A new report from TMZ suggests that WWE is even considering holding the event without a live audience.

A source said that the situation is ‘fluid’ and WWE are weighting their options. If the event had no fans, it would still air live on the WWE Network and PPV.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Dr. Winston Ramone

Dr. Winston Ramone Shoveling smoke with a pitchfork in the wind

Wrestlemania with no crowd would be... interersting. I watched clips from Smackdown at the performance center, and I liked it. It seems that not having a crowd to play to made the wrestlers focus on wrestling - I didn't see few if any botches.
    On one hand, Vince McMahon has always stepped up his product in times of national emergency (golf war 2, 9/11, etc.), so I could see him go forward with an empty Wrestlemania to allow people to escape reality for a few hours. On the other hand, I could see it postponed and a smaller, crowd-free event held in its place that weekend.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  15. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

Speculation is that WWE fully expects that Mania won't go forward, but that they need the city or the like to cancel it for insurance purposes - they aren't covered if they're the ones who make the decision. Again, speculation, but it makes sense...

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  16. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

And now it's being streamed from the performance center. Crazy times.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. MikeInFla

18. MikeInFla

I haven't watched Raw in ages. Thought I would check it out tonight. Interesting that they are showing the rumble match which is cool because I didn't see it. But wanted to see some in ring action with no crowd. Maybe they still will.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. jmobrien68

Sometimes I think dirt sheet writers try to push their own ideas as 'rumors' but I read this morning that despite the current plan to go on with WM36 in the empty performance center that they are considering moving it until June and holding it at MSG.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. jmobrien68

Great Austin interview with Bret Hart on the network... Bret buried Goldberg... said you'd be safer in the ring with a gorilla. :laugh:

RayS and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

shows you what brain damage can do. years ago bret said it a shame that someone as kind hearted as bill has to get hounded everywhere he goes about a terrible accident that ended up ending his career

22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Did you see the live feed footage from the PC? During the commercial break they actually stopped the match and started talking and getting notes. It already looked and sounded like a studio wrestling show. Without the 100 people.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. MikeInFla

Yeah, I saw that. Just standing around during breaks. I watched AEW last night in an empty arena. I started thinking about Dark Order and them hinting that Matt Hardy or Raven was the "leader". When last night's episode started I thought "that's a swerve, they want us to think that. It is probably gonna be Luke Harper". Yep, he debuted under his name Brodie Lee. I went to bed shortly after to find out Matt hardy debuted later.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

WWE WrestleMania 36 will be held over two nights for the first time in history; it will also take place from multiple locations on each day -- bringing to mind WrestleMania 2, which was held in three separate locations (Uniondale, New York; Rosemont, Illinois; Los Angeles).

"WrestleMania, for the first time ever, will be held as a two-night event streaming on Saturday, April 4 and Sunday, April 5 at 7 pm ET on WWE Network and available on pay-per-view," WWE announced in a press release. "The two-night pop culture extravaganza will be hosted by three-time Super Bowl Champion Rob Gronkowski. ... WrestleMania will not only take place at WWE's training facility but will include multiple locations over two nights. All locations will be closed sets with only essential personnel."

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

OK I popped when the drone showed up. DELETE!!!

Matthew Tate likes this.