Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

This match is scientific AF.

2. Daniel Plainview

3. Daniel Plainview

4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Reposting from earlier in the thread

MikeInFla and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  5. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

Consider this:

Assuming the audio is honest and not "sweetened", here's two guys thrilling an MSG audience without any dives to the outside, shoot star presses, hurricanranas, buckle bombs, kicking out of each others finishers, dance routines, tables, ladders, or chairs.

6. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Does anyone know of a good database to find a wrestler? A few years ago I was at a movie and a big argument broke out because these idiots were talking on their cell phones during the movie and this guy with huge muscles was yelling at them to shut up. I talked to the guy afterwards and he said a pro wrestler. I found him online afterwards but I forget his name now.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

There is a database here but I have never used it so I have no idea how useful it will be.

Wrestlers « Wrestlers Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database

My college girlfriend's older brother was a pro wrestler. He held the USWA tag belts with KoKo I believe. He was huge and menacing!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  8. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

9. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. Matthew Tate

12. MikaelaArsenault

He was even set to return in March, but those plans were halted because of the pandemic.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Matthew Tate

i wonder when ROH will start filming new programing . they are still heads and tails better than WWE

14. MikaelaArsenault

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I guess I am finally out of touch with WWE because I have no clue who this woman is but it is a scary situation:

The Tampa Bay Times reports that a man has been arrested on kidnapping charges after attempting to kidnap a Lutz, Florida homeowner. The home where the suspect, Phillip A. Thomas II, was arrested is owned by WWE Superstar Sonya Deville, aka Daria Berenato.

Per the Sheriff’sOffice, Thomas, age 24, had been planning the abduction for eight months and was stalking the victim on social media. He was found inside the home with a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape, and mace. Investigators in the news release did not name Sonya Deville as the victim, but The Tampa Bay Times report noted Deville as the homeowner.

At midnight today, Thomas reportedly parked his car at the Idlewild Church near Dale Mabry Highway and Van Dyke Road. He then walked to a home on Pine Hammock Blvd in the Promenade at Lake Park. It’s stated that he cut a hole in the patio screen and remained on the patio for three to four hours while watching and listening through the windows. Then at 2:43 am, after the homeowner went to bed, Thomas was able to enter the premises through a glass door, which then set off the alarm.

At that point, the homeowner saw Thomas through the window on the property and left with a guest in the car. The homeowner then called 911. Thomas was found in the house when deputies arrived, where he was reportedly found with the aforementioned items.

16. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Wow, that is sick. Sonya has been with the company for years, coming through NXT and is now in a prominent role in WWE (she turned heel about 6 months ago and has a hair vs hair match against her former tag team partner at SummerSlam). I assume she lives with her life partner, who may have been the focus of this kidnapping. They both were regulars on "Total Divas", which may be what attracted this sick man's attention.

17. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

MANDY ROSE WAS WITH SONYA DEVILLE WHEN STALKER INVADED DEVILLE'S HOME, MORE DETAILS FROM DEVILLE'S ORDER OF PROTECTION PETITION | PWInsider.com

"The Tampa Bay Times reported that in Deville's petition this morning, she revealed that fellow WWE star Mandy Rose was in her home when Thomas invaded. Deville's petition noted that she and Rose were awakened by a security alarm that Thomas tripped upon entering the home at 2:43 AM, several hours after he arrived and sat outside on her porch, listening to them through a window...."

18. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I have an idea that a few of the boys, and probably more than a few girls would enjoy this twerp in a locked room.
    Oh hell, just put Nia Jax in his cell for ten minutes.

19. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

20. RunningWithScissors

RunningWithScissors Forum Resident

When I was in high school, the local community college in my small central Florida town used to have wrestling matches one a month in their gym. Dusty Rhodes lived nearby and used to get his buddies to come along. I got to see Dusty along with Jake The Snake, Junkyard Dog, The 4 Horsemen, etc. IIRC admission was $5.
    It’s sad that kids today haven’t and never will experience REAL wrestling like that.

905, Sammy Banderas, jwoverho and 3 others like this.
  21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

You were a regular stop house show for CWF. Eddie Graham ran it old school territory and Dusty was his booker.
    Heck I remember the fundraiser spot shows in a local gyms. 5 matches in a small ring with past stars and undercard guys. I guarantee most of those organizations didn't really make much. On the other hand I got to see Bobo Brazil, Big Jess Ortega, Luiz Martinez, and some others up close and personal.

22. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

23. mynameistaken

mynameistaken Forum Resident

Apparently Renee Young has quit WWE. Of course rumors are swirling that she will join AEW. I think it is more likely she will go to Fox Sports or ESPN.

24. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Mick Foley and Jake The Snake show up in the Shia LaBeouf movie THE PEANUT BUTTER FALCON. It’s a wonderful, sweet film.

25. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

I am pretty sure ESPN was interested in her a few years back.

mynameistaken likes this.