Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Both women did an outstanding job but to what end? Where do they go from HERE? I do not think that an extreme womens match will do AEW any good in the long run.
    Who booked the match? Sabu?

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. D-Rex

D-Rex Senior Member

since the end of lucha underground my interest in wrestling has diminished a lot.

3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

i can somewhat agree but i thought it was outstanding

MikeInFla likes this.
  4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

RIP Captain Ed George.
    From 411Mania
    Eddie Farhat Jr., a longtime promoter in Michigan and the son of the Original Sheik, has passed away. Slam Wrestling reports that Farhat Jr. died this morning due to complications from COVID-19. The report notes that Farhat Jr. had been dealing with health issues in recent years including having to undergo dialysis treatments several times a week. He was 71 years old.

5. 905

905 Senior Member

The Network on Peacock is a hot mess.
    It's expected since it's new, and it's going to take a long time to build things up again, but the search and fast forward options are lacking. It's currently just a small and random mix of stuff.
    And it'll be interesting what all will be edited out in the upcoming months.

Stormrider77, Matthew Tate and RayS like this.
  6. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I tried to watch "Fast Lane" on Peacock, but it was "live or nothing". So I went back to the Network so I could fast forward through the video packages as a I normally do. Peacock also didn't have the Pat Patterson documentary, which I had to go back to the Network to see. But my Network account phases out in 3 days, so Peacock will be "it" for the upcoming NXT event. If I can't pause/FF the live event, I'll wait until it is on demand. Can't say I'm looking forward to a 2 day Wrestlemania marathon. Seems like work/obligation vs. enjoyable entertainment. And watch it live without being able to fast forward through the bloat? Not a chance.

MikeInFla, 905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  7. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

The WWE network is finally available in Canada. I love it. It has every single tv episode and PPV on demand and endless documentaries. The 20 part Monday Night Wars 20 episode is the best documentary I’ve seen of any kind. I want an nWo t-shirt.

905, DrStroganoff and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

It appears a number of WWE Superstars are being released today. Per WWE.com, a number of Superstars have been handed their releases today, including former NXT & US champion Samoa Joe, former women’s tag team champions The IIconics (Peyton Royce & Billie Kay), former WWE women’s champion Mickie James, and more. You can see the current list of confirmed releases below.

* Samoa Joe
    * Billie Kay
    * Peyton Royce
    * Mickie James
    * Chelsea Green
    * Tucker
    * Wesley Blake
    * Bo Dallas
    * Kalisto

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Matthew Tate

Hopefully Peyton Royce & Billie Kay and Samoa Joe to AEW . Pretty disrespectful btw to Mickie James who wanted to retire soon

MikeInFla and tonyc like this.
  10. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I have been watching a few Sarray matches from Japan on youtube. She is awesome. Good signing for NXT.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

AEW needs to be careful they don’t become known for just being the place for WWE Cast Offs. Having said that they should definitely try to get Samoa Joe if he’s cleared to wrestle.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. Matthew Tate

is he hurt?

13. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Concussions...that’s why he was on the announcers table lately.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

shame , i didn't know. he is one of the guys that helped build ROH

MikeInFla and noname74 like this.
  15. MikeInFla

Pretty cool series. One on Roddy Piper will debut on Sunday night on A&E. That same day they will also repeat the episodes on Andre The Giant and Steve Austin

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. MikeInFla

Also coming up in May, Dark Side Of The Ring Season 3. Looking forward to learning more about the WCW event in North Korea.

Stormrider77 and 905 like this.
  17. Matthew Tate

i'll watch the roddy one but doubt i'll hear a lot I didn't know

905 likes this.
  18. Matthew Tate

buzz sawyer was one intense dude

Thwacko likes this.
  19. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

RIP New Jack

20. Matthew Tate

i just saw that. very sad. too many ECW guys have passed since the company ended

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  21. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I only worked with New Jack once. It was the Saturday following the death of Chris Candido. I gave a nice eulogy for Chris(whom I had also worked with once), including some heartfelt love for Tammy. Then the ten bell.
    The next match was intro'ed and I went to the back and I suddenly hear "Hey!" in that scary voice(and yes New Jack scared the crap out of me). I turned around and Jack grabbed my hand and shook it. He said "You took care of my boy. Thank you". He wasn't crying, but he was a bit misty.
    I was surprised like that now and then. New Jack was actually nice to me.
    RIP Jack.

RobMac, 905, MikeInFla and 3 others like this.
  23. sons of nothing

sons of nothing Forum Resident

Sucks about Samoa Joe. I saw some of his greatest matches at the ROH shows in Chicago Ridge, and Highland, Indiana in the IWA days. So many incredible matches.

The IWA match was nuts. If anyone you were ever in that little room...tons of guys got their start in Highland.

Anyways, this particular match was Joe vs Hero (though it may have been Punk) was intense. Half the crowd was chanting for Joe, and the other for Hero. It was so loud, you would have thought you were in an arean. It reached the point where they both stopped wrestling, stood by the ropes, and took it all for a minute or so while the crowd continued to chant. I'm pretty sure Dave Prazak was there, as well as plenty of other events at Highland, just another mark in the crowd.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

I grew up in East Tennessee. Smoky Mountain came on our local UHF channel when I was in college and I never missed an episode. I remember when The Gangsta showed up. Some great promos and I couldn't believe what I was hearing!

Matthew Tate and JamieC like this.
  25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I found it hard to believe that southern TV stations permitted some of them to air. The OJ promo was a riot starter.

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.