Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

I'm worried about both Danielson and Flair being in the ring. Danielson managed to sign in to working a part time schedule but he's one bad hit to the head away from ending his career. That's a big gamble but one that he seems to be willing to take and AEW is willing to invest in. Flair needs to stay out of the ring but that is up to Flair and AEW to sort out with a contract.

tonyc and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

anyone else ready for the rest of the ROH guys in NXT to just jump ship to AEW or back to ROH?

JCRW likes this.
  3. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I know very little about ROH and who came from there, but it's pretty obvious at this point that WWE doesn't see a future beyond NXT for the DIY guys, and probably not Kyle O'Reilly or Roderick Strong either.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Definitely going to happen, whether it's the talent leaving on their own accord or the WWE performing a couple more rounds of layoffs. Only one I can think of in the NXT roster that is safe is Samoa Joe and they can just move him over to Raw or Smackdown until NXT is refreshed 2-3 years down the road when they have completed training their green talent.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

the 2 guys you mentioned, bobby fish, samoa joe, Ciampa, kushida (when new japan partnered with ROH) , maybe another person or 2.

main roster guys aj styles, cedric alexander, cesaro, seth Rollins, kevin owens, sami zayn, Robert roode, damian priest, keith lee.

thats off the top of my head

RayS likes this.
  6. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I read that more as Danielson wanted to "be wild" in that he wanted to be out in the wild and go to Japan, UK and Mexico and work with people who will push his limits as an athlete and a performer...not he just wanted to be dropped on his head every night. I think he cares too much for his kids to take that kind of risk.

Let's not make Vince out to be a saint, the only reason he allowed Bryan to come back and wrestle is because his contract was coming up and he was going to leave and go work for New Japan and AEW a couple of years back.

JCRW likes this.
  7. WarEagleRK

I'm going to guess that Danielson will make his in ring debut in New York at the tennis stadium show and build up his W-L record until the November PPV where he'll headline vs Omega. It will be interesting the result there since I always assumed the original plan was for Adam Page to win the title early next year. Maybe they let Omega and Danielson go 60 and Page comes out at the end?

Moxley tapped MJF out last year at All Out. However, Cornette won't allow something like that to get in the way of him bashing someone. I wouldn't have had MJF lose to Jericho either, but I don't think it hurt him at all.

JCRW likes this.
  8. WarEagleRK

Would like to see O'Reilly, Cesaro & Strong there. Also would love Io Shirai & Asuka there.

More than that I would like to see AEW drop guys like Janela, Matt Hardy, Marko Stunt and the like who can't keep up with the crew in the ring anymore... or ever with some of them.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Yeah, to me it sounds like they should have given Jericho a victory in the 2nd bout and made the 3 one the final match to tie things up with MJF being the victor and Jericho taking a leave to go out and tour with Fozzy to take a break from wrestling and return a year later with a kayfabe renewed purpose.

10. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Cornette is entertaining, but he seems a bit bitter at times, almost like he is pissed that the "sport" has moved on without him, so while he is never shy to give good wrestlers or moments credit, he is always ready to crap all over anything as well. He is definitely an old guy yelling at the clouds. The Vegas odds are strong that on his deathbed someday, he will still be muttering about awesome the Midnight Express were, lol.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

And JR on his muttering "Stone Cold...Stone Cold...Stone Cold...bbq sauce". :D I kid, I kid.

12. WarEagleRK

Slobberknocker, bowling shoe ugly...

Matthew Tate and JCRW like this.
  13. WarEagleRK

At least in that instance, he wouldn't be wrong.

14. Matthew Tate

best thing i watched an old match and JR said beaten like a government mule " and jerry the king said "just how many mules does the government have"

j4yheindeo, tonyc, JCRW and 1 other person like this.
  15. WarEagleRK

After the PPV went off the air...

RayS and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Damn I love me some hilarious JR quips. I hope he still gets the occasional lines in at AEW. Anyone remember when WWE had to promote Skittles for what seemed like an eternity? JR and King started going way over the top with their promos that they are now legendary as seen here:

Sammy Banderas and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. WarEagleRK

He does that now when heading to commercials when promoting that you can still watch the show during the commercial break on "luxurious restaurant quality picture in picture".

The problem is he sometimes calls the company WWE and doesn't know or forgets wrestlers names or moves.

He's still really good at giving that big match feel to the main events but he definitely has lost a step or two.

Matthew Tate and JCRW like this.
  18. glennzo

glennzo Forum Resident

Called Paul Wight "Big Show" in his match on the weekend.
    Heavily emphasised "Paul Wight" straight after that.

19. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Saw recently that Page requested some personal time off, thus him disappearing from the title picture.

All of the AEW debuts this weekend were great... but the one that might actually tip the scale for me is Ruby Soho... so drawn to her for some reason... but from the reaction by all of her colleagues after her debut, I realize I'm not the only one.

20. WarEagleRK

Yeah, Page was supposed to be in the title match last weekend but his wife is about to give birth so they pushed his match vs Omega back. Since they had Punk as a draw for the show, then they could go with Christian in a PPV main event which I doubt they would have done otherwise.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. WarEagleRK

Somehow it was far worse when he was doing voiceover commentary for New Japan. He would butcher something and not fix it, which when you are doing voiceovers can be done vs doing it live. My problem with him is sometimes when he messes up, instead of owning it he acts like a child who doesn't like being told he was wrong.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. glennzo

glennzo Forum Resident

Yes, sadly his mind is going.
    He'll be 70 next year and the time will come when he realises or someone tells him his time is up.
    Been a terrific commentator for many years, but nothing lasts forever.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. WarEagleRK

Well Jim Cornette didn't like the debut of Adam Cole. I'm stunned.

Also, apparently Kevin Owens tweeted out the coordinates to Mount Rushmore, then deleted the tweet. Kevin Steen, Adam Cole & The Young Bucks were known as Mount Rushmore in PWG.

24. Matthew Tate

Corny at least liked 1 match at the PPV and thought 2 more were pretty good so that’s something

25. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Not surprised at all. He was probably hopeful that Cole would stay a lone wolf like CM Punk but instead he joined up with the Bucks which is an automatic NO for Corny. So unless Cole breaks free from that faction, he is on the naughty list.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.