Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  2. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

There was a time any mark tried that he would have a private discussion in the back. He would regret his bravado and have to explain the bruises and broken bones.
    Now they just call the cops.

Dugan and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. WarEagleRK

They called the cops back then too, but the cops would give them some alone time before they hauled the guy off.

Dugan, Matthew Tate and JamieC like this.
  4. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

True.

WarEagleRK and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

Talk about hard living. If anyone saw Billy Gunn on AEW last week he’s the same age as Ric Flair was when Flair retired after Losing to HBK

6. WarEagleRK

His face shows his years, but the dude is shredded.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. Matthew Tate

i agree and I know he didn’t live the lifestyle flair did. Crazy . He might take stuff too but that doesn’t just make you strong and shredded he has to put time in at the gym still

WarEagleRK likes this.
  8. WarEagleRK

Bryan Alvarez with a great take on the Seth Rollins attack and Chavo's response...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Re: the guy who jumped Seth Rollins. Apparently this cat is a mark in more ways than one. The story I am hearing is he was scammed out of money by a fake Seth Rollins.

Dugan, Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  10. WarEagleRK

I saw that he was Catfished by fake Seth and Vince accounts online and thought he was part of an angle.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Wow, that is insanity. Is there a link to a story?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  12. WarEagleRK

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. WarEagleRK

14. WarEagleRK

15. WarEagleRK

I've always accuses Cody Rhodes of needing blood and gimmicks to keep the crowd interested in his overbooked mess of matches and story lines, but I never guess he would need actual smoke (fire) with his smoke and mirrors. By far my least favorite top star in wrestling.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Cody Rhodes is a top star? Yikes. I am asking for real because I honestly do not know. I just remember he seemed like a mid-carder at best back in his WWE days when he and DiBiase's son were Randy Orton's lackeys.

17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Plus he has the worst neck tattoo ever.

18. Matthew Tate

must be just me i liked the match

MikeInFla likes this.
  19. WarEagleRK

The match was good, I just didn't like the ending. Cody can't have a big match without it being over booked (he truly wants to be Triple H) and there was zero reason to just randomly break out flaming tables on free TV. (I would argue that there really is no reason ever to break out flaming tables, but that's just my preference.)

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. WarEagleRK

When he left the WWE he worked hard to make and present himself as a top star then jumped on the back of the already popular Bullet Club guys (Omega, Bucks, Cole) in ROH and New Japan. Once him and the Young Bucks created the All In PPV and drew 10K without a card or a company he was a top star.

I slight him because all of his matches and angles are overbooked messes to me, but the guy did work his butt off once he left the WWE to become a big star.

21. WarEagleRK

For those who did watch AEW tonight and it was mentioned that Sting and Billy Gunn had wrestled before, here is the proof.

Feb 1989 Sting vs Kip Montana.

22. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Because they booked him that way. He kept trying anything to differentiate himself from Dustin("CO_DEES MUS_TASH!). Forcing him to be a clone of Goldust was a career killer, although he tried. He decided to go out on his own terms and then went about establishing himself as a top indy star. He had a literal checklist of top stars to wrestle all over the world. An impressive list to be sure. He won the NWA world title from Nick Aldiss. He entered AEW as legit top indy star.
    WWEs only claim was debuting and introducing Cody Rhodes, then booking him to nowhere.

23. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I get all of that, but, IMO, to be a top pro wrestling star, you need a combination of the right look, swagger and talking skills, and Rhodes just never struck me as having any of that. Jeff Jarrett was similar in that regard for me. I never took him seriously either as a main event guy.

24. WarEagleRK

You really haven't seen Cody in the last 5 years if you don't think he can talk. I'm not a fan, but the guy can cut a promo and carries himself like a star. I just don't think he's that good in the ring and I think he knows it so he does a lot of smoke and mirrors. Almost all of his big matches are gimmick matches or walk and brawls with as his dad would say a lot of "plunder".

I think the crowd has grown tired of it as well as he is starting to get big boos despite being a face.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Apparently WWE is ending production of DVDs and Blu Ray discs.

I have literally hundreds. PPVs and theme sets. Some of which will never be seen again in that form if at all. Its one place that WWF/E has always shone(even the Ultimate Warrior smear disc was entertaining). They haven't put out a theme set in a long time.

Matthew Tate likes this.