Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Another one of HHHs guys got released tonight…Samoa Joe.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

vince and nick are so out of touch with every aspect of wrestling

noname74 likes this.
  3. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The fans love Joe….crazy to let him go. If he couldn’t wrestle due to the concussions they could have put him back at the announcers table as he did a good job there.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. Matthew Tate

i can't believe something so focused on ignoring the fans is more successful than AEW , ROH and impact who try and make fans happy

noname74 likes this.
  5. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Brand recognition, decades of a head start and blind brand loyalty keeps them ahead if AEW. To the general public WWE is pro wrestling and some of their fans refuse to watch anything else that isn't spoon fed to them by Vince.

ROH and Impact have never had the money behind them to compete.

Dugan and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Matthew Tate

shame. most of the people i know they still watch wrestling bailed on wwe by 2021

7. I get more upset with WWE by the week now. The last few rounds of cuts have made me SMDH.

Regal?
    Really?

Somoa Joe? Road Dogg?

I read a story that somebody said WWE offered to sell the whole thing to FOX when they were in negotiations and ended up with Smackdown, but the $$$$$$$$ they (WWE) wanted was too much, so they just picked up SD.

This would explain quite a bit. The McMahons have seen the writing on the wall and are trying for a cash grab before they leave. The “Family” will end up with so much money that they and the next few Generations are completely set up.

I hope the other Organizations pick up most of the Talent and get rid of their “bottom tier”. There is so much outstanding Talent now that it’s just a matter of the Writers & Bookers to stumble on the right story line & Combination of Wrestlers to put them over.

WWE has lost it’s way.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I stopped watching wwF (still F to me) probably around 2016. I haven't missed it. I don't even read the Raw recaps any more on the websites as nothing interests me. ROH and AEW we're a breath of fresh air. Sure some of it is silly but I get to see 30 min matches instead of 30 min promos.

MYQ1 and Matthew Tate like this.
  9. Matthew Tate

ROH, AEW, impact and MLW are all fun to watch

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I saw about 3 minutes of AEW during a basketball timeout the other night. C.M. Punk referred to Wrestlemania as a "Buy one, get one free" which I thought was an accurate putdown of the most bloated production known to humankind. I was down to only NXT, and I lasted about three shows into the reboot and abandoned that as well. I'll watch the Rumble because it has always been my favorite PPV (now "premium live event" in WWE-speak), and because I get it for free through Comcast.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  11. Matthew Tate

you should check out the other companies i named if you haven't other than ROH is not doing anything for the next 4 months new

12. RayS

I think it's time for a breather. If I miss it, I'm sure something will lure me back. I've been watching wrestling regularly since the middle 1970s and it's been diminishing returns for a good 5 years now. I'm to the point where the returns are pretty much exhausted.

13. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

They were airing MLW on Vice for a few weeks last year then it just stopped. I was hoping they would stay on there. At least their show does get uploaded to Youtube. Jacob Fatu should be a big star somewhere.

14. Matthew Tate

do you have FIOS? its on a network on my FIOS BEin sports or something like that

15. Matthew Tate

Rumors swirling that Nick khan wants to release HBK from his duties in the WWE. Let that sink in for a second

16. RayS

I got two words for ya - future endeavored.

17. Matthew Tate

If they release HBK they have really lost the plot

905 likes this.
  18. If this is true, then if (BIG If) WWE had any brains they’d think for a moment and say “Hmmm….HBK or NK. Hmmm….let me think….”

But the decisions they are making right now are terrible, so anything’s possible.

(Is there any chance that Nick Kahn is secretly working for Tony Kahn and trying to feed AEW more Talent?)

19. Matthew Tate

exactly. almost all of the NXT wrestlers HBK helped train are gone if they weren't on the main roster already

20. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

Impact Women's Champion Mickie James was announced for the Royal Rumble.

I guess that is WWE's way of apologizing for sending her stuff home in a trash bag when she was fired.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

My booking. The final two are Mickie and Charlotte. A dozen possibilities but Charlotte's ego loses it to Mickie. Wrestlemania semi main.
    But they won't do that.
    Five gets you ten Mickie gets eliminated in average fashion.

MikeInFla, tonyc and Matthew Tate like this.
  22. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

My fantasy booking. Deonna Purrazzo beats Mickie for the title this weekend then interferes in the Royal Rumble to help Mickie win. Mickie then reciprocates by choosing the champion of her choice at WM and picks the Impact Champion to screw Vince.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. glennzo

glennzo Forum Resident

Caught up with AEW today (ITV broadcast the shows on delay here it the UK).

The Ray Fenix table incident was annoyingly blurred out in the ITV version, but there was a moment shown where he was obviously in genuine pain and the commentators hinted at a real injury.

The Danielson/Page rematch was pretty good overall, though I preferred a title change.
    Don't mind blood, but thought it was a bit excessive in this case.

The women's street fight on Rampage was probably one of the more brutal women's matches I've seen.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Matthew Tate

Don’t forget Deonna wants a match with the ROH womens champ

25. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I think she is awesome. How could NXT/WWE not figure out what to do with her?

Matthew Tate likes this.