Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

yes i like they use lucha guys.

i just watched a 2019 teddy hart vs MJF match from MLW that was better than anything jack evans has been in since lucha underground

2. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Well it does help that he was in the ring with MJF in a match that was spotlighted. Out of all of that group, I can't believe some company in the U.S. hasn't used Harry Smith (Davey Boy Jr.) better.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  3. Matthew Tate

agreed

WarEagleRK likes this.
  4. D-Rex

D-Rex Senior Member

I'm also a big show wrestling fan. But I have to be careful not to be spoiled in this thread, because most of the shows run with a little delay on Austrian TV / Internet.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. WarEagleRK

Last week, I thought Cornette was out of his mind ripping on Minoru Suzuki, but this week Cornette spends 5 minutes making fun of Tomohiro Ishii. I know not everyone on here is a big Japanese wrestling fan, but Ishii is top 10 in the world.

Stormrider77 and Matthew Tate like this.
  6. Matthew Tate

agreed. odd corny hates japan wrestling so much as over there its treated like a sport

7. WarEagleRK

8. WarEagleRK

9. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

10. WarEagleRK

Agreed.

I'm far more intrigued by the territories docs that are mentioned in the article.

Matthew Tate and noname74 like this.
  11. Valkenburg

Valkenburg Forum Resident

WarEagleRK likes this.
  12. WarEagleRK

Juice worked everyone in this interview as he made a big impact on the New Japan card last night.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. WarEagleRK

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. WarEagleRK

15. Matthew Tate

superstar billy graham just made a post on his facebook mocking matt riddle saying he doesn't care if riddle knows MMA bruno would have broken every bone in riddles body if he saw that nonsense back in the day.

i love bruno and the superstar but unless someone shares info i don't know riddle could probably fight both bruno and superstar back to back and knock them out without barely breaking a sweat

16. Humbruh

Humbruh Forum Resident

Extreme reaction from Superstar but from Riddle's MMA skills in his past his striking wasn't the greatest but he showed some good wrestling and even better ground game. That being said he wasn't known for knockout power in his hands and you're hyphothetically saying he could knockout guys 250+ which I just don't see at all.

Riddle did KO one guy in an exhibition fight:
    Streamable Video

17. WarEagleRK

I'm not sure as Riddle fought at 170, which means he likely walks around at 185-190. Taking down a 260 pound Bruno might be a bit difficult. Riddle wasn't a big power puncher so knocking him out likely wouldn't happen.

18. Matthew Tate

not trying to be funny but the he hypothetical is what the heck would bruno or superstar to do riddle before he'd put a stop to it

19. Matthew Tate

but again how many blows would bruno land before he was put in an armbar or something . if they had a real fight you are telling me you think bruno would be an pretty good mma fighter even he is 185 ?

20. WarEagleRK

How many would Bruno need to land? Bruno was super strong and a decent athlete and had 80 pounds on him. Riddle wasn't Royce Gracie in his prime who made his rep off of beating much larger men, all we know about Riddle from his brief MMA career is that half of his fights were cancelled or had substitutions, he won a vast majority of his wins by decision and that he couldn't pass a weed test. He was a solid MMA fighter, but nothing spectacular and he wasn't a finisher. However in just a straight up fight Riddle would have to get Bruno off of his feet and I think that would be a huge challenge for him and I think he'd just get overpowered.

Graham was a gold gloves boxer at one point so I'm not sure he'd want to trade hands with Superstar, but if we are talking about Graham's prime Riddle could be quick enough to tire him out and take him down as all of that weight from the juice that Graham was on would slow him down.

Plus Graham's extensive gimmick background in karate in the 80s might be too much. :D

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Let's frame the question. How would it go with Bruno, a strong man wrestler(who's biggest move was a bear hug) at about 280 against a mixed martial arts fighter with serious ground game at around 200- 210(not worrying about making weight). How would Bruno deal with a smaller quicker SHOOTER. Bruno just might be in real trouble and finish wondering HOW?
    A KO though? No

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. WarEagleRK

Riddle not worrying about making weight is more 185-190 since he fought at 170. I don't think he's cutting 30+. I know they announce him that way, but if Riddle is a legit 200 I'd be stunned. It's possible that Riddle could take him down, but he would still have to get close enough to him to do that and that could lead to him getting KO'd. Riddle was decent, but he wasn't Georges St. Pierre or prime Anderson Silva.

The concept of Riddle easily KOing Bruno and Graham was what my main objection was about. I agree no way he knocks either Bruno or Superstar out, nor do I think Riddle could stand with Bruno without likely getting knocked out himself.

All of this said, I have no idea what Riddle even did to make crazy Superstar comment. Post career Superstar has done nothing but ruin his reputation by saying whatever he thinks will get him attention or win him a lawsuit.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  23. Matthew Tate

the KO part maybe was too much. i was just upset superstar acting like because bruno and him were big strong guys that makes riddle a goof. its like when i see people say they could have easily beat chuck norris after they watch walker texas ranger. i wouldn't be shocked if chuck norris in his prime could fight all 3 of the guys were were talking about at the same time and mop the floor with them but thats neither here nor there

he had a screen shot of riddle riding his scooter or whatever it is to the thing ring and just said this guy is silly and this is all silly and bruno wouldn't have had that and to back up his point posted some pics of young bruno and was talking about how strong he was . as a buddy of mine once said "theres show muscles and then there is real strength". while i don't doubt bruno and superstar were crazy strong i think graham is looking too much into his show muscles and discounting riddle having and strength at all

24. WarEagleRK

Bruno and Graham were definitely not from the same mold. Bruno had more functional strength where Graham was show muscle. Plus Bruno was all natural. I can guarantee you that Bruno wouldn't have liked to have been named dropped by Graham for something like this.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Matthew Tate

it was all about riddles character and the way he rode a scooter to the ring. riddle even in MMA was always a bit of a california goof. thats who he is . just like bruno and being italian.

that being said i'd rather watch bruno or superstar matches all day then watch a riddle match and its not because of riddle. its because it's not going to be a match of 2 guys who have great in ring psychology and are working hard. say what we want about the actual skills of graham but he could work a match despite his limitations and it was entertaining . i just don't think the guys now are taught the same way. riddle vs hbk? sure that would be great. riddle vs orton? again great. riddle vs most the guys under 30 in the wwe? mostly boring