Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Why do the Bucks need to go? Seems like that's a lot of assumptions being made without much detail being released. To say they need to go, you have to be assuming they came in wanting to start a fight. I've seen nothing in their history that shows they are of that mindset. Omega definitely isn't. Who knows in the emotion of the moment, but if they came in with the head of legal I don't see them coming in guns blazing.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

It is completely the correct move.

JCRW, WarEagleRK and Matthew Tate like this.
  3. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Yep, let the 3rd party investigation figure out what went down and action accordingly. One thing is for sure out of all of this mess, Tony Khan needs to reign things in a little more whether he likes it or not. He easily could have smoothed things over or laid down the law months ago when some of the issues began to appear. I really don't see Punk sticking around whether he gets fired or decides to burn another bridge and walk away from the production himself. Can't wait for the proper Dark Side Of The Ring episode covering these events LOL.

WarEagleRK and Matthew Tate like this.
  4. WarEagleRK

Sammy Banderas, JCRW and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. WarEagleRK

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

7. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

It's wild because probably 8-9 years ago, Punk was probably loved by most wrestling fans, many of whom figured he got treated shabbily by Vince and the WWE, and here we are in 2022, and he has seemingly ruined his rep in the business all on his own. Turns out his biggest enemy wasn't Triple H or Vince McMahon, but himself.

jlykos, MikeInFla, mBen989 and 3 others like this.
  8. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

The warning signs were there, he never really had anything good to say about most of the WWE roster. And he had major problems with both well respected and/or top stars in that business. He certainly had every right to argue and complain about WWE's medical policies at the time and how they affected his overall health, but Punk just never got along with anyone and it seems that he has not changed his ways. Only difference now is he got a massive payday from a very passive CEO unwilling to get him to follow some rules, and now the rest of the wrestling community is lashing out against Punk for his entitlement and bad behavior. I think Tony Khan needs to fire Punk at this point, he needs to gain the respect of the roster back and also keep them invested in continuing to work for AEW.

9. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

After the events this week, I'm wondering which chapter of The Death of WCW AEW is up to metaphorically.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. WarEagleRK

I think comparisons to WCW are a bit too much hyperbole. AEW is making money in it's 3 year. They are only 3 years in WCW's history that they can say that.

Matthew Tate and mBen989 like this.
  11. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

funny you said 8-9 years ago because until 2012 or so he was one of my current favorites and one of the 5 best wrestlers on the planet. then after 2012 slowly i seemed to notice he started to act more like he had a disdain for the business and was full of himself.

George Co-Stanza likes this.
  12. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

The thing with Cabana always struck me as wrong from the start. He was sued for having the podcast. Which made me ask the question if he had made all these statements to a reporter would they have then sued the reporter and paper? They certainly would have had a legal team to shut that down but Colt was left hanging waiting to be bankrupted. The bit about his mother was just mean.

I LIKE Cabana. He was always a nice guy. He was our champ for a few months.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. George Co-Stanza

My gut feeling tells me that he never got over not getting a Wrestlemania main event during his white hot run from 2011-2013. I think he would have for sure if 2012 if that year's main event of Rock/Cena wasn't in stone a year in advance, but it was just bad timing for him that his hottest run overlapped with the two years where Vince had Rock/Cena in the main event back to back.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

that could be it but just like the AEW situation he should know he's the man so why care so much if only for your ego? he's mad at the EVPs and i'm positive they made no objections to punk getting signed or becoming a 2 time champ yet he gets mad at them.

15. JCRW

JCRW Forum Resident

Which is funny because Punk got the Undertaker match at Wrestlemania 29 and that has been built as a main event match within itself for years and was miles better than Cena/Rock in the build and the match itself. Punk negatively criticized that feud for years and years until he finally realized that it was actually decent (and maybe the last respectable match that Taker had in the ring). It was probably for the best the Punk walked away from WWE when he did, it was only a few months later that they passed the torch over to Daniel Bryan.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. WarEagleRK

Kinda. Despite the fans getting behind him and the YES chant getting over huge, they never fully got behind Bryan. In the last 20 years or so they won't go with someone who naturally gets over. They only push who they wanted. Cesaro was another the fans wanted and they never pulled the trigger on.

It was Roman or bust and it took forever for him to finally get accepted as the top guy.

JCRW and Matthew Tate like this.
  17. George Co-Stanza

Punk strikes me as the kind of guy who is never happy with what he gets and always feels like he didn't get what he deserved. Yeah, he is "the man" in AEW, but some in the back aren't genuflecting to him, so he has another cause to rant about. Too bad because the guy is a great talker and really good in the ring, but he can't get out of his own way.

Yep, they only gave Bryan the torch because the fans basically made them.

I don't watch WWE anymore, but a few people I know in real life (what's that?? ;) ) said that Reigns is basically the champ for so long now because there is no one else there worth a damn on a regular basis.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Drew McIntyre is. He deserves to be a champ with people in the building as he was a Covid champ in empty arenas.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Matthew Tate

i don't watch WWE much anymore but they have 6-7 others guys outside or brock and roman that can be the champ. WWE just doesn't make them the champ

20. George Co-Stanza

I get that, but being the champ and being the champ who could be the face of the WWE are two different things, I think. I mean, The Miz was world champ once (I still LOL at that), so their bar for putting the strap on someone has been not that high for a while now.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Matthew Tate

was kane, mankind, iron sheik , yokozuna, sgt slaughter, JBL, sheamus, bray wyatt, jinder mahal, etc ever the face of the company?

noname74 likes this.
  22. WarEagleRK

If Cody keeps his momentum when he comes back, he should be the one to end Reigns run.

Rollins and Owens could be the top guys as well, but they have sacrificed them to others so much.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. Matthew Tate

aj styles, drew mcintyre , etc. they have some guys

noname74 likes this.
  24. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I think Kross may get a shot as well if the fans get behind him and Scarlett for 6 months or so as opposed to just a “new shiny thing’ pop.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Matthew Tate

i for sure think the fans want to be behind Scarlett lol