Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

2. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

Poor Eli Drake ... can't catch a break ... :doh:

3. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

been getting a lot of wwe dvds for cheap on ebay lately

4. S. P. Honeybunch

S. P. Honeybunch Presidente de Kokomo, Endless Mikelovemoney

Big Show lost in a steel cage match on this week's Omaha episode on Monday Nite Raw. He was trying to climb to the top of the cage to do something, but never got a chance to, as his opponent punched him and brought him down. You may have seen the recent footage of his opponent body slamming Big Show and wrecking the ring in the process.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Thwacko

Thwacko Forum Resident

That Braun Strowman is a bad mutha-shut yo mouth!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

Enjoyed the Mae Young Classic... until Stephanie made it all about her at the end IMO

RayS and Thwacko like this.
  7. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

I'm just talkin' bout Braun...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

How many times has the ring collapsed under Show? I think at LEAST three times.

9. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I'm really curious to know if the participants are made aware of how far they will go in the tournament (and how many matches they'll work) when they agree to participate (or pass, if they don't want to fly from a foreign country for a one-and-out).

Most of these women make many of the NXT never-wrestled-before-make-them-from-the-ground-up women look like the beginners that they are.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. S. P. Honeybunch

The ring was extra reinforced this time after Braun's recent body slamming of Show. Raw showed a clip of workers binding the supports together with extra bands or something.

11. Matthew Tate

sgt slaughter is a very underrated wrestler.

12. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

He is one of the nicest, kindest men I've ever met.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  13. Matthew Tate

nice to hear. i watched a few matches he was in, some against subpar opponents, and he really shines and makes all the matches seem like 4 or 5 star marches

14. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

R.I.P. Bobby Heenan.

Kyhl, 905, Damien DiAngelo and 5 others like this.
  15. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

RIP, Bobby.

I posted this in the RIP thread, but as a kid I was a huge fan of Prime Time Wrestling on the USA network every Monday night. Him and Gorilla had a chemistry that has been unmatched.

[​IMG]

16. Daniel Plainview

17. Daniel Plainview

18. Beatledust

Beatledust Forum Resident

One of my first wrestling memories was seeing Bobby Heenan at an AWA house show, managing Nick Bockwinkel. As the ring announcer was introducing The Brain, the crowd erupted in boos. As soon as I heard that, I turned to my dad, and asked him why they were booing Heenan. My dad just looked at me, and responded with, "He cheats!" From that moment on, I was hooked. Rest easy, Brain, and thanks for the wonderful memories. :(

Kyhl, ianuaditis and Sammy Banderas like this.
  19. S. P. Honeybunch

Slaughter was one of only a few wrestlers to win the title from Hulk during his peak from 1984-1991. Slaughter is up with The Undertaker, Ultimate Warrior, and Macho Man.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  20. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan has passed away. At this very moment he at the Pearly Gates, cutting past the line of plebeian ham-n-eggers waiting to get in, and poking St. Peter in the eyes.

21. Matthew Tate

sadly slaughter was used for what wwe calls a "transitional heel". they needed a wrestler who was a bad guy at the time to beat good guy ultimate warrior so they could give the belt back to good guy hogan. sgt slaughter never won the title from hogan. he won it from ultimate warrior and then lost it to hogan

22. Daniel Plainview

I remember watching the PPV event with friends when Slaughter beat Warrior for the belt. I was very happy to see the Warrior go down. Not a fan. And I found Slaughter's pinko-commie-hating heel turn to be very entertaining. Great promos. I especially enjoyed seeing him received the "Brother Love Great American Award".

Things kinda jumped the shark when Sarge aligned himself with General Adnon and Iron Sheik aka Colonel Mustafa. Didn't make much sense for him to hang out with these "Iraqis" after all his pro-American ranting and raving when he was at odds with baby-face Nikolai Volkoff. The Sarge would never turn traitor like this. But I get it. Hogan needed a force of unpatriotic evil to defeat.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. S. P. Honeybunch

Looking back now, it's surprising to consider how Hulk had the belt for over six years out of the roughly eight year period from 1984 to 1991. That was in spite of Andre the Giant and Ted Dibiase's attempts to bribe referees. Nowadays, the belt shifts hands more often among a wider variety of wrestlers.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

[​IMG]

Thought this was cool, someone made the Prime Time set with action figures.

But yeah, the title changes hands too much these days. What I really hate is when the champ loses in a nontitle match on TV. I mean if they are going to LOSE then they LOSE. It makes champs look weak.

RIP Brain. You were the greatest.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. MikeInFla