Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

[​IMG]

905 and Matthew Tate like this.
  2. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

two of the best workers and most underrated wrestlers ever.

blutiga, MikeInFla and 905 like this.
  3. RayS

I don't disagree, but their skills were not my motivation for posting that picture this afternoon.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. JPagan

JPagan Generation 13

Money is a helluva drug.

RayS likes this.
  5. Matthew Tate

oh i know. was just saying those 2 guys always seemed mid card or barely top level push in the wwf but they could wrestle anyone and have a great match

6. RayS

I'm old enough to remember Mike's run as a babyface patriot under the tutelage of Captain Louis Albano in WWF. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    Matthew Tate likes this.
  7. 905

905 Senior Member

Still enjoying Eric Bischoff's podcast with Conrad , it's my favorite one.
    Currently going through the one about The Giant in WCW.

MikeInFla likes this.
  8. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

RIP Dynamite Kid
    Tom Billington, known to millions of wrestling fans around the world as the Dynamite Kid, has died on his 60th birthday.
    Born in Golborne, Lancashire in 1958, Billington became one of the most popular British wrestling stars of all time in the 1970s and 80s, with memorable feuds in England, Japan and the United States. After becoming a huge name in Mexico due to a legendary rivalry with Tiger Mask, Billington became known to US fans in the mid 1980s when he formed the British Bulldogs tag-team alongside Davey Boy Smith. Often managed by Lou Albano and cheered to the ring by a real bulldog called Matilda, the British duo won the WWF tag-team titles at Wrestlemania 2, and became a key part of WWE’s mid-80s success.

Read more: WWE legend Tom 'Dynamite Kid' Billington dies on his birthday | Metro News

He was not a nice person. Still an Icon......

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Matthew Tate

he was one of the best wrestlers of the 80's

10. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

The British Bulldogs were my favorite tag team as a kid watching the WWF. I had their LJN action figures and if you saw them today you'd find they were the most worn out of the bunch. They were such an exciting team to watch. They were always throwing in crazy new moves. Dynamite Kid with his snap suplexes was just amazing. I can remember them finally winning the tag team championship from Valentine and Beefcake, then eventually losing the belts to The Hart Foundation, but strangely I don't remember what happened to the team after that. I remember Matilda the dog, but other than that it's like they just sort of faded away until Davey Boy Smith returned in singles competition. I think Bret Hart has called The Dynamite Kid the best wrestler he ever worked with, which is high praise. It sounds like he had a rough life, though, especially these past 20 years in a wheelchair. And I've heard some stories that he wasn't a very nice guy. Still, I hope he's found peace and is always remembered for his tremendous ability.

11. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Interesting that you mention he wasn't a very nice person. I've heard that as well. As for the Bulldog name, Davey Boy trademarked it and I think there was some heat between the two ever since. Anyway, RIP Dynamite Kid.

From Wiki:

While recovering in the hospital from back surgery, Billington would later recount that Bret Hart showed up and stated that Vince McMahon had sent him to get Dynamite's tag belt; Billington refused.[17]Shortly after checking himself out of the hospital (against doctors' orders), Billington met with McMahon, who requested that the Bulldogs drop the tag titles to the team of Nikolai Volkoff and The Iron Sheik; Billington refused, saying that he would only drop the belts to The Hart Foundation.[17]

McMahon acquiesced and at a TV taping on 26 January 1987, The British Bulldogs wrestled a match to drop the titles to The Hart Foundation; the match would air on the 7 February edition of WWF Superstars of Wrestling. The match itself was an odd sight, as Dynamite could barely walk due to back surgery, and thus needed to be assisted to the ring by linking arms with Davey Boy Smith. Dynamite was knocked out by Jimmy Hart's megaphone early in the match, avoiding him having to wrestle in the match for story purposes.

12. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

I predict that very few tears will be shed over this news considering what awful things he did to a lot of people.

13. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

In Mick Foley's second pro match he was deliberately hurt when Dynamite shot on him, breaking his jaw. He thought it was funny as hell. There are hundreds of stories that he was a miserable soul who abused his fellow workers. I am not talking about stiff and/or snug, I am talking about really hurting people. And you would never know he was pizzed at you until he did it.
    He rode on Davy Boy's back piggy back and had to be helped up to the apron.

14. Matthew Tate

yup that story as far as I know is true. vince supposedly was scared of billington but also billington was very respected for his ability

15. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

One of the very best. RIP Dynamite.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

He was my favourite wrestler growing up. Always on TV with Stampede Wrestling.

Was just reading on Wiki that dispite being 5’8” he was at one point too big for wrestling in Japan at 228lbs.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Yeah Dibiase was great in the ring. The only 'roid wrestler that could work at this level was Savage.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Matthew Tate likes this.
  19. Daniel Plainview

Reunited with his boy. R.I.P.

20. FourWalledWorld

RIP Axe. Sad news to hear.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. MikeInFla

What they need to do is repackage Curtis Axel and call him by his REAL name Joe Hennig. Yeah it's a boring name but it is legacy. I hate when they repackage these stars with stupid names, just let the sons and daughters of legends use their last names.

22. FourWalledWorld

I completely agree but this is a company that demands control and feel they get that by creating/owning your name.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. MikeInFla

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. Daniel Plainview

25. MikeInFla

RIP Mean Gene

[​IMG]

Sammy Banderas and 905 like this.