Any Pro Wrestling Fans Here? V2.0

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by sirmikael, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Notice he calls The Iron Sheik by his real name.

2. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

He was great in WCW. I love the comment about the movie Eyes Wide Shut which opened the same week this took place.

3. jmobrien68

jmobrien68 Forum Resident

My favorite Gene segment... lol

Actually did a nice little tribute to Gene on Howard's show this morning... said Gene showed more emotion when he was calling for fans to write Hogan get well letters after he was attacked by Earthquake than most reporters did on 9/11.

MikeInFla likes this.
  4. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

Yes! What a segment:

5. bamaaudio

bamaaudio Forum Resident

Mean Gene was a legend in the business and seemed like a guy who was impossible to not like.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

hulk Hogan appeared actually shook up Monday when doing that tribute

MikeInFla likes this.
  7. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

We are sad to report that former WWF Superstar King Kong Bundy has passed away at the age of 61.

Bundy got his start in the wrestling business in 1981 and trained at Larry Share’s “Monster Factory” in New Jersey.

He wrestled in Texas for World Class Championship Wrestling and the American Wrestling Association before signing with the World Wrestling Federation in 1985.

Bundy was Hulk Hogan’s first “monster” opponent in the WWF and they headlined WrestleMania 2 during the Los Angeles portion of the event. He was moved down the card after his run with Hogan and eventually left the company in early 1988.

He went into semi-retirement in the late 80s but was brought back to the WWF in the mid-90s as part of Ted DiBiase’s “Million Dollar Corporation” stable for a brief run in 1994 and 1995 and his biggest feud in 95 was against The Undertaker that culminated with a match at WrestleMania XI.

Bundy also did some acting, most notably as Uncle Irwin on a 1987 episode of Married…With Children and years later as himself for a wrestling-themed episode.

Bundy was known as one of the true outgoing and nice guys in the wrestling business who loved to tell jokes and make friends and fans laugh.

The MEZ, Beatledust and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I saw King Kong Bundy fight One Man Gang (double dq) and will never forget how impressive he was in person. He was just BIG. Like a wall of flesh and bone. I'm pretty sure I was rooting for him rather than Hogan as we watched Wrestlemania 2 live on pay-per-view (my family's first such venture; there would be many, many more). He was great. I'll miss him. R.I.P.

The MEZ, Matthew Tate and MikeInFla like this.
  9. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

I saw him many times in World Class but never met him until I worked a show for JT Lightning in Cleveland. I see him with a beer and a cigar sitting at the bar table waiting for his payout. Nice guy.

10. AleYeah

AleYeah Forum Resident

I always loved Bundy demanding a five count from the ref after wrecking some poor jobber. RIP.

11. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

IIRC that gimmick was given him by Jerry Lawler.

MikeInFla and Matthew Tate like this.
  12. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Mark Henry and B. Brian Blair are seeking help from fans for Kamala’s financial issues stemming from his health problems. The two launched a GoFundMe to help the WWE legend out, as he has fallen behind on taxes due to his high health care costs and is close to losing his home.

As of now, the campaign has raised $1,275 of the $12,750 goal. The write-up on the GoFundMe page reads:

Dear Friends,

Many of you were entertained in the world of professional wrestling by”Kamala” the Ugandan Giant, aka James Harris. James is in desperate need right now to spare his home. If his taxes are not paid in full by April 15th, the county will take his home, as verified by the Tate County, MS Tax collector. James “Kamala” Harris is a double amputee and must go to dialyses 3 times per week, for his diabetes. Even though James made decent money in the wrestling industry, there is proof that he often did not receive the same payoffs as many of his opponents. Why? Was it because he was a “Yes” man to the promoters? Maybe his race in some instances? Could it be his unbelievable kindness to everyone? I don’t know the answers but I do know that James, his wife and family need us all right now! I humbly implore you to donate whatever moves your heart, to save the Harris residence…it’s basically all that they have, other than a Ford Excursion with almost 400,000 miles on it and a lot of love in their hearts. My deepest gratitude, the Harris family’s deepest gratitude and may you be blessed for your kindness!

Sincerely, B Brian Blair

JamieC likes this.
  13. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

MikeInFla likes this.
  14. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

ready for wrestlemania this sunday

15. jmobrien68

More ready for Takeover tonight... even when the card looks a little underwhelming, they always hit it out of the park.
    Really looking forward to Dream vs Riddle.

As for Sunday... surprised at how they were able to get me to buy into Styles v Orton with the short build... but I have a feeling the match will be a let down.
    But... if Curt Hawkins doesn't get gold in his backyard as a payoff to his historic losing streak... I might just turn it off... lol! (anticipating an Edge appearance during the match... assuming he'll be there with his wife).

Matthew Tate likes this.
  16. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

If you have HBO, check out this past Sundays Last Week Tonight With John Oliver.
    P.S. - He is a wrestling fan.

Mr. H and ralphb like this.
  17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Mr. H, RayS, NaturalD and 2 others like this.
  18. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The Wrestlemania pre-show started a half an hour ago. :)

19. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

You're way behind, dude. Taker started walking to the ring on Tuesday.

We still don't know if it's for Sunday's Mania or next year's Mania.

20. j4yheindeo

j4yheindeo Forum Resident

^ LOL :laughup:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. jmobrien68

Might have to bump that long Taker walk to last year's pre-show to make time for Triple H's entrance :laugh:

22. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

This made me think - what Arnie film is he going to rip-off for his entrance this year? :p
    I'm going with Predator.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Great to see so many people come out to celebrate with The Nature Boy. Whooo!!

The MEZ likes this.
  24. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

Needed to be said and he was 100% correct.

Mr. H and soundboy like this.
  25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

The MEZ likes this.