Any used Record / CD stores in Olympia, WA area?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Russ, Dec 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Russ

Russ Outlaw Thread Starter

I'm traveling to this area next week and wondering if there are any good USED Record and CD stores. Since a get a whole day by myself I can travel an hour or two if there are really good ones.

Thanks,
    Russ

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I'm not sure about Olympia but there's a decent one in downtown Tacoma. A place called Buzzards. There's a good pizza place right next door that serves an all you can eat buffet that starts at 11:00 AM. If traffic isn't bad it's not more than half an hour drive from Olympia. Otherwise you probably need to drive into Seattle which is another 45 minutes but the traffic coming back can be brutal depending on the time of day.

3. louder

louder New Member

I've up here for six months and there ain't jack in terms of used cd stores :realmad: -- Amoeba's is the one thing I miss about Los Angeles.

4. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

There are a couple of other used vinyl/CD places on 6th Avenue in Tacoma. If you get on a internet map you can locate where this is in relation to downtown. Not very far at all, basically just up the hill, talking a five minute drive time from Buzzards, which is small but has a good selection of CDs. You'll be about an hour and a half drive from Seattle where there are a lot of good places, depending on what you're looking for. Two particular great places are Easy Street and Everyday Music, both on the edge of downtown. Then theres two different Half Price Books which always seem to have a lot of vinyl & CD sleepers.

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

How do these other places compare to Buzzards?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.