Anybody get their SH newsletter?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, May 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Haven't got mine yet, either.

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Got mine. Time stamp was 1:01 am on 5/26.

mud-

3. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Same here. See, what you need to do is hit Forum Icon status(2K + in posts)and you get your newsletter first. You slackers may have to wait until 11:59pm EST to get yours. Seniority has its perks.

Either that, or you forgot to register:D

I do see that Everly Brothers SACD is in some twisted kind of limbo. This sucks totally!:mad: I've been looking soooooooooo forward to that one!:(
    Sheeee-it!

ED:cool:

4. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Mine arrived in today's (May 26) e-mail.

5. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Just a heads up - from last night to this morning (10am) I've recieved a dozen messages from different spam-blocking sites that (I presume) some forum members email hosts seem to use.

Spam filtering is great, so long as they let the email recipient look at what messages were blocked. It seems though that there's an alarming trend to junk the perceived spam and not giving the recipient the option of marking it as "not spam".

6. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

It also pays to be a Forum Addict....:D ;)

ED:cool:

7. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

I got the newsletter as well.

8. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

Received it at 12:08 am CST. :thumbsup:

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Well HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!....

10. bmoura

bmoura Senior Member

Same here. It arrived.

11. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

No luck here...especially since I can't even remember WHICH address I used to sign up with! :( Dagnabbit. And I try to use an address that has minimal or NO spam blocking.

12. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

Thanks my good friend!

13. Michael

Hey
    Beatle Terr,
    Remember in a thread long ago...We were discussing guitars? I was telling you about my Gibson Southern Jumbo from 1965-67?
    Well, It looks EXACTLY like a GIBSON HUMMINGBIRD, except there is no design on the pick guard and the body is Sunburst...Same PEARL INLAY design on the neck, etc...Now can you picture it? Drednaught style like I said...
    Sorry if this is a thread carp...Didn't want to start a new thread for this subject...:)

14. Beatle Terr

That did come to mind after, I thought about it but I just wasn't sure. As I remember playing one only the one's I got to see and play all had Natural finished tops.

The Pickgaurd if I recall was or is a bit smaller than the Hummingbirds or the Dove's but just plain either a redish brown plastic or I'd seen them with all Black one's as well. Simply put a very nice guitar, but Gibson seemed to sell more of the Hummingbirds and Dove's over the price at the time that I recall.

If I'm not mistaken there was only about $100 difference in the Retail List Price between that an the Hummingbird. But if you were to figure today's price's from Gibson, that guitar is worth well over a grand if not more. So Michael I would say you have a very Rare Bird in that guitar and I'd keep it if you didn't feel the need to sell it. Hope that helps. :)

15. Michael

Oh yea, Considering a Hummingbird's list for nearly $3.000 today! Also has the same size pickguard and a tortise shell pickguard...I'm keeping her...she's very dear to me and has a great story behind her. I play her everyday without fail...Needs new strings though...:laugh:

16. Beatle Terr

Hope you use like a Meduim set like .013-.056 on it. Unless you have it set up to use lights 012-.052's or .054's. It should sound great with either or depending on your action on the neck that you like!

17. Michael

Lights were always used when the original owner had it...I talked her into trying medium... she took them off after a few hours. She wasn't pleased with them...In fact she hated them!:laugh:

18. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

It's Tuesday and I still haven't recieved it.... Probably my ISP's spam filter... they won't let it go through but they let all the other crap get thru. :(

Maybe someone can post it here under a new thread title for everyone to see.

19. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Check your profile it will tell you what address you used.

20. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Michael,
    Thanks for the copy :)

21. Michael

I'm here to help:thumbsup: :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.