Anyone else a Tame Impala fan?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by McGuy, Feb 5, 2019.

1. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

He got married only last month, so I imagine he has lots of other preoccupations.

2. rocknsoul74

rocknsoul74 Forum Resident

Exciting news, I hope the new album is out soon! Very odd to perform SNL with no new music to promote.

3. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

Heard the new single on the radio this morning.
    It sounded almost like a Currents outtake. I mean... it's not a bad track. But it's just a confirmation that the psicadelic rock sounds of Innerspeaker are gone for good.

I want to be wrong.

4. caio vaz

caio vaz Senior Member

I was into the first two album when they came out, very good albums, but after that i didnt listen the newer songs.. its a good band.

Yesternow likes this.
  5. Jarra Lad

Jarra Lad Forum Resident

I feel the same about the new song 'Patience'. It just doesn't feel like it's going in to new territory.

Yesternow likes this.
  6. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

I like "Patience". It makes me want to slowly sway in the summer sun (not here yet) in a state of bliss.

I like Mr. Parker in cosmic AM pop mode just as much as in psych rock mode.

7. DrewMeyer

DrewMeyer Forum Resident

Exactly. Currents is a fantastic album, just for different reasons than his early work. He's not making psych rock any more but he's still making good music

notesofachord likes this.
  8. Yesternow

Yesternow Forum pResident

Was about to give up on these guys, but this new track is infectious.
    He sure knows how to create that sunset mellow groove that I love.
    I'm on the borderline right now.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  9. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead Forum Resident

going to MSG on Thursday -- anyone know what time they are hitting the stage?

10. danielkov86

danielkov86 Playing Devil's Avocado Since 1986

I like his sound but can't stand some of his lyrics. Especially the lyrics on Currents. They're all about him and his changing music style. Narcissistic much?

11. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I've just gotten into them the past few months. Looking forward to going through more of their catalog. I love "Music To Walk Home By" from Lonerism:

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  12. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

If we are sharing favourites, mine is probably this one from Innerspeaker:

oldsurferdude and team2 like this.
  13. VeeFan64

VeeFan64 A 60s Music Kind of Guy

I am a big fan of Lonerism and am not a fan of Currents at all - but the theme of Currents isn't so much about the change in music style as they are about the breakup between Kevin and his girlfriend, Melody (of Melody's Echo Chamber) and how that affected/changed Kevin.

14. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I am at MSG tonight. Opening act just finished at 8:45,so I guess Tame Impala will go on around 9:00.

Devin likes this.
  15. Devin

Devin Time's Up

Post some vid later!

16. crookedbill

crookedbill Forum Resident

Discovered ‘em randomly on emusic back in 2010 and fell in love almost immediately, despite thinking the production was pretty sloppy. Innerspeaker was easily my favorite album that year. Sparked a big psych-rock phase for me.

Saw ‘em live at a small club with about a hundred people soon after. Seeing them again at one of two sold out 6,000 capacity gigs this weekend. Can’t wait.

Read recently Kevin Parker is still tinkering away at the new album, and might totally scrap or re-record the singles from earlier this year. Getting “Kevin Shields” perfectionism vibes. I bet we don’t get a new album for a while.

17. soarer29

soarer29 Forum Resident

Listened to Currents umpteen times since its release - definitely one of this decade’s best albums. I enjoy the earlier albums as well. I don’t care for the latest singles, and hope they’re not representative of what the newest album will be.

18. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

Not my video, but here is last night’s show at MSG. Complete and remarkably high quality.

TheSeldomSeenKid and Lewisboogie like this.
  19. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Just saw this link to the MSG Show in NYC, as had not realized Tame Impala was touring the NorthEast and saw they play in Philly Tonight, but I cannot make the 2 Hours Drive later today, but if this show would have been on Saturday or Sunday, I would have checked Stubhub and Twickets and possibly have gone depending on Seats and Prices, as looks to be Sold Out.

Would have been a 3rd Great Concert in Philly this year along with having seen MUSE and Spiritualized. I need to start paying more attention to Tours of Music Artists I love, as assume Tame Impala was not going to Tour the US until after their New Album was to be released.:cussing:

Hope those SHF Members in or near Philly, who might be going have a Great Time. I will be sure to catch TI at the Next Tour in a Few Years. I hope the MSG Show just posted on YouTube remains there to watch in the future.

20. bob_32_116

bob_32_116 Forum Flaneur

After initially being underwhelmed by one of their new singles, "Patience", I now think it's a great song.
    Not quite sure about the other one, "Borderline", though.

21. brownie61

brownie61 Forum Resident

I’ve loved Patience since it came out. It’s one of those rare songs that came out of nowhere to hit me over the head and say WHAT IS THAT?? when I first heard it. I had sort of forgotten about Tame Impala!

team2 likes this.
  22. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I've since gotten to know both Innerspeaker and Lonerism quite well over the past few months. I like them both, with Lonerism being my favorite by a slight margin. I've sampled Currents, but it didn't quite grab me -- I'll have to give it another chance. I do like "Patience" though -- great single!!! Great reading everyone else's thoughts on this thread too...

Devin likes this.
  23. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Great comparison -- I never thought of that. No wonder I like this band so much.

24. americanscientist

americanscientist Forum Resident

Really got into them this past year after disconnecting with modern rock music for much of the past decade. My absolute favorite band/artist right now and love all the albums equally. Lonerism sounds like a modern successor to Revolver while Currents became my single favorite album since The Suburbs.

The most recent two songs released (Posthumous Forgiveness and Lost in Yesterday) are also excellent and I am all in the Slow Rush next month.

soarer29 likes this.
  25. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I have some of their albums on my to-buy list. So,... not a fan yet.