Anyone else have poor customer service from Chesky records?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident Thread Starter

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Chesky on Nov. 15th. I received one email on the 22nd telling me that they shipped the package. I emailed Chesky several times, beginning on Dec 10 asking for verification of shipment, what method, etc to see if the package was lost, as I had not received it.

Chesky never once replied to my emails. I finally sent a polite email to David Chesky to let him know about the situation. David obviously took care of it because I received a priority package the next day.

Part 2: I ordered another CD (before this problem arose) later in November and once again, it has not arrived and my emails are going nowhere. I really dont want to bother David again, but this is getting a bit out of hand.

Has anyone else had good or bad experiences with Chesky? I really try to support smaller labels and am willing to work with them, but I never hear back from them.

Any suggestions?

Paul

2. chosenhandle

chosenhandle Forum Resident Thread Starter

out of the blue my second CD showed up today...sent UPS Overnight.

That still doesnt answer the customer service issue, but sure am glad it showed up before Christmas.

3. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I have ordered a few times direct from Chesky and never had a problem. In fact I just received a new SACD "Blues and Grass" that was ordered, shipped and received in all of 4 days.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I ordered discs from Chesky on two occasions in 2000 and had problems both times. On both occasions, I had to call Chesky two weeks after placing the order because my discs had not arrived. For one order, someone threw the discs in a loose, unpadded mailer, and all the jewel cases arrived smashed. A couple got smashed so badly that shards from the jewel cases tore the inserts. It took over two weeks to get that package, but the replacement order came in a couple of days.

With the second order, it took several weeks for the package to arrive, and they forgot to include one disc. I called to complain, and they rushed out what turned out to be a used disc! The disc was badly scratched. They told me that I could keep the used copy, and they rushed out a new one. After those two lousy experiences, I vowed never to order from them again, and I haven't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.