Anyone else in the U.S. having trouble with Amazon.u.k deliveries?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Groovy, Sep 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

For the second time recently, Amazon.u.k has shipped an order from Germany to me (I'm in the U.S.) but the package just travels around Germany and never leaves.

The first time it was returned to Amazon. Now, in a new twist, the replacement order has been delivered - to some random address in Germany.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Reader

Reader Senior Member

I had one like that. Tracking said it was floating around Germany, then that it was delivered to some place in Germany I'd never hear about. It wasn't expensive so I gave it some time and it showed up today about 2 weeks late. The tracking is the problem so it's one of the dumb outfits that Amazon uses I guess. If U.K. Royal Mail delivers it it gets here early.

Good luck, just give it some time and it'll probably show up. Do let us know what happens. Is it expensive?

Groovy likes this.
  3. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for your good wishes, Reader.

As this was the second time they'd done this I was particularly annoyed. Apparently, what happened to you happened to me - it was incorrectly marked as delivered but is actually still on its way to me.

Amazon.u.k seem to be using DHL more now, instead of Royal Mail, probably because the packages are trackable and they have more of an idea what happens to 'lost' packages. I guess I now know not to take their tracking information too seriously.

I'm just waiting for my 2LP copy of Japan's 'Gentlemen Take Polaroids' which I pre-ordered back in August. On the upside, for all the hassle with this and my order of 'Tin Drum', they refunded me a total of £25.00 - which didn't hurt a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.