Anyone familiar with a 70s cartoon short about a boy's nightmare?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by annjmarriott, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annjmarriott

annjmarriott New Member Thread Starter

I grew up in Mississippi, and in the late 70s/early 80s Mississippi Educational Television (now known as Mississippi Public Broadcasting) used to play cartoon shorts in between shows to fill time gaps. I remember a short that was about a little boy trying to sleep in his bedroom, but he was scared. Some weird things happened, things he imagined or dreamed, like a swinging blade that appeared from the ceiling light. It kept getting lower and lower toward his bed. Also the ceiling light turned into an eye. The only other thing I remember is the end where the sun came up and he was happy. Also, the only person speaking was a male narrator. It couldn't have been more than 5 minutes long. I don't know if this was shown on other PBS affiliates around the country or just Mississippi ETV, but I'm hoping someone out there remembers it. My siblings remember it, but we don't know the name of it or who made it. One more detail - the art style was very simple, simple lines. It was in color, no fancy coloring or gradients. Everything was solid, maybe muted in color.

Thanks --

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.