Anyone getting the new Alfred Hitchcock collection from WB?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Ken,

Very well said! Grace Kelly must be the most beautiful screen actress ever -- her beauty is truly radiant whenever she graces the screen.

2. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

3. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

This set arrived from amazon.com yesterday and so far so good. I popped in STRANGERS ON A TRAIN, and it does indeed look way better than the old WB DVD. Next, I quickly sampled THE WRONG MAN. It's great to see it cropped back to the intended 1.85:1 aspect ratio it had in theatres. That print's a little grainy, but I think that adds to feel of the movie.

This set will keep me busy until STAR WARS arrives!

I had opted for the free shipping option and was surprised at how soon it came.

4. :thumbsup: "My wife and my dead wife. Am I the only one..." :laugh:

5. fyrfytrhoges

fyrfytrhoges New Member

can someone enlighten me on the soundtracks for these films in the new boxset? have they all been updated to 5.1? the lack of liner notes on any of the dvd boxes left me a little bewildered. the north by northwest is in 5.1, but the rest i havent a clue????

6. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

7. fyrfytrhoges

fyrfytrhoges New Member

so then i guess i would have to set my dvd player to downmix and my dolby surround headphones to the stereo setting to get accurate sound from the discs?????

8. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Per Blair's post, all of the discs have mono soundtracks except for NxNW, so no downmixing should be needed for any title but that one.

Regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.