Anyone having troubles ordering from AMAZON?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MechanicalAnimal6, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Brucknerian

Brucknerian Active Member

Daniel Plainview and CDR303 like this.
  2. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

We
    Welcome to the 5 day, No Amazon lptapecd purchase ability club...yep...9 calls, 9 reps, 3 leadership managers since Friday, NO HELP, NO RESOLUTION. I'm glad it's not just me...but gosh, if they can't fix this asap ...a music media lp cd tape checkout glitch...hmmm, I hope they don't get a much more widespread product glitch...cause IT is turtle crawling on this issue.

3. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

He left the company...no longer in charge. He is space man not ceo of Amazon...He wouldn't care...he's like almost a trillionaire...lol.

4. AllGood

AllGood Well-Known Member

Is this only a prime issue anyone know?

But yeah, Amazon stopping you from buying more is like Vegas kicking you out for gambling too much.

Dave, pcain and CDR303 like this.
  5. Brucknerian

Brucknerian Active Member

I don't expect a personal response from him, but maybe he will forward it. In any case, it made me feel better. :)

CDR303 likes this.
  6. slimjw

slimjw Forum Resident

There is a whole team that monitors issues sent to [email protected], so it's likely that someone will at least read your email.

Here are the exec contacts for Amazon Customer Service:

Executive Contacts
    Primary Contact
    Dave Clark
    SVP, Worldwide Operations and Customer Service at Amazon
    410 Terry Avenue North
    Seattle, WA 98109
    [email protected]

Secondary Contact
    Babak Amir Parviz
    Vice President
    410 Terry Avenue North
    Seattle, WA 98109
    [email protected]

Kendra Fahrenbach
    Executive Assistant
    410 Terry Avenue North
    Seattle, WA 98109
    [email protected]

Chief Executive
    Andrew Jassy
    President and Chief Executive Officer
    410 Terry Avenue North
    Seattle, WA 98109
    [email protected]

Biff Jones, Dave, pcain and 1 other person like this.
  7. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

FROM only amazon forums post I found posted 4 days ago

Q:why does it say 'You reached the purchase limit for this item. We have changed the quantity to the maximum allowable.If the quantiy set to 0 delete?

Answer this question

A: I was trying to buy the same drill as a gift for multiple people so none felt favored, but after ording 4 then trying to order a 5th for myself it simply says a problem and resets quantity to 0. A friend did th… see more

[​IMG]
    Michael J. 26

A: I am a classical music lover. I've been collecting since the dawn of vinyl LPs. (I've got about 30 linear feet of LP shelf space.) After CDs came out in 1984, I switched over to them, and now have thousands upon thousands of them. When SACDs (Super Audio Compact Disks) came out, I began to buy them too, even though I didn't have a player to access anything but the CD layer. Now I have a player that can play SACDs, and want to buy more, especially the RCA "Living Stereo" series. I don't want multiple copies of the same musical work, just the items I didn't already have. I selected 8 different SACDs into my "cart" and tried to check out. STUPID Amazon said I had exceeded my "purchase limit" and arbitrarily designated 3 albums to delete. I still can't select any more of them. Each of the refused items had MULTIPLE SELLERS, and some of my selections were USED!!! AMAZON has completely SCREWED UP on this. The programmers who wrote this software either had bad instructions from management about what they were trying to accomplish or were ignorant of the fact that CDs with different contents are different products!!! Who can I talk to at AMAZON to inform them about how INCOMPETENTS are screwing up their business???

If I can't get a reasonable response from Amazon, telling how they are going to fix this situation, I know some lawyers who will be happy to set up a class-action suit! see less

[​IMG]
    Crusader Bulldog

· 4 days ago

Biff Jones likes this.
  8. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Wow — that CSR should be retrained or let go. The person I chatted with was very polite and apologetic. I flat-out asked the CSR on Friday if I had accidentally run afoul of some unspoken rule, but they said no. It's the mixed messages the lot of us have received that is still confusing to me.

Side note: I tried using the "Contact" form on the Second Disc site to ask if the site owners were aware of the issue and some of the responses we've received, but my message would not post. I'll try again later. IMHO, these review sites that funnel people to Amazon may need to align themselves with different retailers if Amazon is well and truly making a policy change. In the meantime, they should probably post something alerting their readers to the current situation at Amazon so people can make better-informed decisions about placing orders & pre-orders until this is resolved.

9. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Don't they realize that people that order music are nuts ?

10. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

LOL! That made my day!

aoxomoxoa and CDR303 like this.
  11. slimjw

slimjw Forum Resident

12. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

Yeah, lol, Better not mess with my music purchase ability...lol

13. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

OK — just successfully sent a message to The Second Disc alerting them to the issue and asking if they can follow-up w/anyone internally at Amazon.

CDR303 likes this.
  14. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

There is only one recent mention of cd issue we are having. Others seem to have hit a quantity wall with other products which does exist. 7 page thread here about this issue ...1 person with music cd issue there. Odd

15. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

I called Corp office trying to get these peoples assistants on phone per a IT informative call. EMAIL THEM ALL 50 X and see if they help

16. musicfiend

musicfiend Active Member

Jeff Bezos team just responded to my email by phone. The problem is a glitch not policy, and is being worked on. Everyone can calm down. The [email protected] address really works.

17. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Keep going, the last few pages are filled with comments about CD and vinyl. More and more people are becoming aware of this issue. Just a sampling:

For some reason that I cannot fathom and no one at customer service seems to be able to answer, I can no longer buy CDs from Amazon. It gives me "you have reached the purchase limit for this item" for every CD I put in my cart and says I'm allowed to buy zero. I see a few other CD collectors have run into this issue as well. I'll be canceling prime if they don't get this resolved soon.
    · April 26, 2022

I'm having exact same problem as Crusader Bulldong's. All my items are audio CDs with no history of purchasing them in the past whatsoever. Even though buying quantity in my cart is 1, Amazon keep forcing me to delete multiple items telling me that I have reached maximum purchase limits. Funny thing is every time I try… see more
    · April 25, 2022

Same issue for me just now. Can't purchase a vinyl record or a CD. I can order anything else on Amazon but not music. Agent in chat said it has to be a technical glitch but I don't believe it. These are new items I've never purchased before and I'm being blocked.
    · April 25, 2022
    I am a huge cd collector with well over 80000 always bought on amazon until this week it only let me buy 4 after that i was forced to delete any purchase as it gives a quantity limit restrictions and won't let me checkout my cart is locked.I am accustomed to buying at least 50 -200 cds a month.Icalled customer service … see more
    · April 26, 2022
    This is pretty stupid. Tried to buy 5 CCR albums (all different) and it wouldn't let me. I could only buy 4. Even more stupid. Next day I tried to buy a 5 album set by Stan Getz (1 item, 5 albums). It wouldn't let me. And to make the matter worse, I can't find anyway (other than this) to actually tell someone at Amazon what a joke this is. Thanks for listening.
    · April 25, 2022
    So... I'm getting almost the same thing... except I'm just trying to buy 1 item. I want to buy any classical album on vinyl for my dining room that I don't already own. It tells me "You have reached the purchase limit for this item. We have changed the quantity to the maximum allowable.

If the quantity has been set to 0, please delete the item (below the item details) to proceed."

Except I've never purchased ANY of the items I'm attempting, in any format! It's almost like they lumped in ALL vinyl for me and said, screw you! you can't buy from Amazon ever again. POO.
    · April 25, 2022
    I just got a record player and trying to build my new collection… and I can’t order because of this error.. I’m not buying multiples of the same album… I’ll be buying from other stores due to this and cancel Amazon Prime… there’s NO REASON I shouldn’t be allowed to order 1 of any vinyl.
    · April 25, 2022

CDR303 likes this.
  18. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Perfect — that's the confirmation I've been looking for! Thanks

19. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

If their IT team is stumped by this Music cd lp tape checkout glitch..and the array of employees are giving mixed, misinformation, lying, clueless,uninformed on what to tell people...customers with this issue...I hope they never get hacked or cyber attacked or experience a mass product ordering glitch ....cause they don't seem to be handling this one cd lp tape music only glitch well at

20. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

It can take a while to fix programming problems, especially on complex databases and sales systems — I'm sure it is a priority. The last thing you want to do when fixing a major bug is to make a different or worse bug by issuing a patch to the first one before the patch has been well-tested.

It's just too bad that this misinformation about sales limits was disseminated. As I've said: that kind of sales limitation makes no business sense (and was therefore unlikely to be true, which is why I tried to only discuss that possibility with some variation of the conditional of "if that's true").

21. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

I emailed [email protected] too

22. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I don't have high hopes for anything to come from it, but i just emailed that [email protected] email address too about this issue

CDR303 likes this.
  23. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

See if we get any reply at all ...only time will tell.

24. musicfiend

musicfiend Active Member

Just received this as a followup to their phone call:
    I'm Amanda of Amazon.com's Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your e-mail , and I'm responding on his behalf.

Thank you for reaching out regarding the problem ordering more than 4 titles of any music media. Since this is a unique situation, I'm collaborating with our Software Engineer Team to investigate this issue. I know your wait has been frustrating and for that, I truly apologize. Please allow me 5-7 calendar days to research the issue so we make sure the matter is taken care of properly. I’ll follow up with you within that timeframe, or earlier if at all possible.

WarEagleRK and CDR303 like this.
  25. [​IMG]

CDR303 likes this.