Anyone having troubles ordering from AMAZON?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by MechanicalAnimal6, Apr 22, 2022.

1. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

Are you sure this isn't a permanent policy due to SEO spamming/chart spiking?

2. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident Thread Starter

well seeing as so many of us can't order any cd's at all.....
    i'm going to guess no....

plus why would Amazon care about how many of anything someone wants to buy.

that's like going to a bake sale and the person selling gets mad at you for buying half of their goods....

if you have lots of things to sell, you want to sell as much as possible....simple as that.

pcain likes this.
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I'm convinced it's a mistake

4. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I missed out on a hard to find CD I wanted from a third party. Damn you Bezos!

CDR303 likes this.
  5. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

Like the IT dept software engineers still haven't gotten tickets or still not aware? SOUNDS LIKE all levels know how to pass the buck...wow.

6. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

I've seen this theory floating around a little, but I don't think it checks out since this also applies to used CDs and vinyl. Are they really worried that someone is going to order both available used copies of a Mudhoney CD from 2002 to somehow game the sales charts? I still think it's a glitch.

CDR303 and MechanicalAnimal6 like this.
  7. musicfiend

musicfiend Active Member

I have been assured that opening a second account to make a purchase is OK. They would rather not lose the sales. They are not crazy.

8. musicfiend

musicfiend Active Member

Seems to be fixed

CDR303 likes this.
  9. AllGood

AllGood Well-Known Member

Yes! I was able to order my vinyl record too!!! OMG THIS HAPPENING?! IT people must be relieved!

CDR303 and pcain like this.
  10. Brucknerian

Brucknerian Active Member

Yes, it looks fixed for now. Maybe those emails to Jeff Bezos worked after all. Thanks to everyone who wasted a least a little of their time on this stupid problem.

CDR303 likes this.
  11. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Wonderful! Fixed! Just pre-ordered two CDs, completed the orders for the two CDs I wanted to buy on Friday, and added one new Mktplace CD too! Let my usual bacchanalian CD spending spree recommence!

CraigVC and CDR303 like this.
  12. AllGood

AllGood Well-Known Member

"Yeah, WHY THE **** do I keep getting these emails from someone named, CDR303??? telling me about not able to buy his CDs????? GET ON IT NOW! I'm trying to get to Mars, not deal with music fans." :D

Dave, CDR303 and Shawn like this.
  13. Daniel Plainview

I ORDERED BRIAN WILSON THANK YOU GOD BEZOS

CDR303 likes this.
  14. pcain

pcain Forum Resident

Me too — glad Long Promised Road is getting a physical CD release at last!

CDR303 and Daniel Plainview like this.
  15. Daniel Plainview

This was me all afternoon:

[​IMG]

IF WE PANIC WE DIE!!!

CDR303, AllGood and pcain like this.
  16. musicfiend

musicfiend Active Member

I believe my email to Jeff Bezos may have really helped:

This is Amanda again from Executive Customer Relations.

I've received an update from our Software Engineer Team. They believe they've corrected the problem and you should be now be able to place an order for any Music titles, without any errors.

Responding directly to this email is the best way to reach me should you've any additional concerns or questions in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience while we fixed this problem. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
    Amanda P.
    Executive Customer Relations
    Amazon.com

CraigVC, Biff Jones and CDR303 like this.
  17. MechanicalAnimal6

MechanicalAnimal6 Forum Resident Thread Starter

FINALLY!!

Just ordered the 3 things i was trying to pre-order
    and then just placed an order for the cd that was in stock i was trying to get originally last week when this all started.

CDR303 likes this.
  18. Deadwing2112

Deadwing2112 Active Member

Appreciate the feedback on the corrective services by Amazon. It is worth remembering that standard CS is a waste of time. Direct correspondence (shared by those stated earlier) seemed to be far more practical approach. Kudos to those who did so.

MechanicalAnimal6 and CDR303 like this.
  19. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

Mission complete CDRebels!!!

20. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Everyone this was obviously an inside job by the Steve Hoffman site as a membership drive and spike hits on this site through Google searches.

Hey, there are some out there conspiracy theories on this thread so why not this one?

CDR303 likes this.
  21. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

THANK YOU!

22. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

Well heck...the thread gone dead now since issue resolved.
    CHEERS to all music lovers that endured horrid CS, 5 days without the freedom of buying music they wanted. WE ENDURED.. and kept the passion, calling, emailing, stomping, pounding...striving for better service and to be able to do what we love...just buy our musical interests on cd, tape, vinyl. WHEW...what a ride. Yet still, the world out there is in disarray....Thank Gosh Golly for our family and MUSIC!!

WarEagleRK likes this.
  23. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

I'm good with this thread remaining a catch all for all horrible interaction with Amazon customer service. That will remain an issue even if this specific one is resolved.

CDR303 likes this.
  24. CDR303

CDR303 Active Member

RIGHT ON! THUS, til next the Amazon forces crush the Music on CDLPTAPE crusaders...we will be ready to rumble and get the Amazon universe back to a non stressful music media purchase place.
    Rock on Music loving, collecting , appreciating, Discovering, Jamming Family!

25. Roy Sexton

Roy Sexton Active Member

Seems to be fixed now. At least for me.

CDR303 and melstapler like this.