Anyone heard of the band "Dash Rip Rock"??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Geoman076, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geoman076

Geoman076 Sealed vinyl is Fun!! Thread Starter

Back in 1988 I lived in New Orleans for a short time, and used to go see Dash Rip Rock all of the time, and they were always fantastic! A fun, talented group of hard rockin, beer shakin, high energy guys. I always thought that they deserved to make it big. When I think back to that time, I always remember seeing them at Tipitina's.

They have a great live cd called "Boiled Alive", that is definitely worth picking up. That cd has great covers of "Jambalaya", "White Lightnin", and even Helen Reddy's classic "Delta Dawn" (played very fast and Rockin, of course!)

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Dash Rip Rock was the rock star who sang "The Bedrock Twitch" on The Flintstones.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Oops, I take that back. I think that guy was named Rock Roll. Well, it's from some TV show...

4. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

who was the guy who sang "eep oop ork" on the Jetsons? mebbe that's him.

5. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

That was Jet Screamer. Judy won a date with him!

6. Pope V

Pope V Lurker

I coulda' sworn it was Underdog...

7. billh

billh Senior Member

Dash Riprock was one of Elly Mae's would-be boyfriends on The Beverly Hillbillies.

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

George,

Dash Rip Rock used to play live all the time in my hometown of College Station, TX. I believe I saw them live about 8 years ago. Fun band!

9. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I have yet to hear them but I've always thought they picked a great band name! Now, there MUST be a band somewhere called Jet Screamer. What a great name!:laugh:

10. MrMudPuppy

MrMudPuppy Forum Resident

Their song (Let's Go) Smoke Some Pot is absolutley hysterical!

11. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

When I lived in Richmond, VA during the 80's they used to play fairly regularly there. Nice guys, too. I remember their guitarist had a beautiful paisley design Fender Telecaster that he was really proud of. They were a great bar band!

Chris

12. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

They used to play a lot here in Baton Rouge too. Since they (or some of them) were from here. I never saw them, but they played at The Chimes a lot back in the mid-to-late 80's.

Joel

13. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

I think they had a couple of records, too. I seem to remember playing them on my college radio station (just one of the many things that are hazy from those days!)

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.