Anyone into 'BREAKING BAD'? (part 2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -Alan, Aug 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think one of the points of the show is to horrify audiences as they realize that Walt has become a terrible, terrible person and a complete villain. Gilligan commented recently that the worst lies Walt has told have been to himself, and he's going to have to confront those lies and accept himself this final season.

That's basically the only way I can see it could be done. But I think the family will do worse than hate him: I think they'll all be dead.

The biggest single question to me is: what will Hank do? Gilligan has made it very clear that the instant he found that book in the bathroom, he knows everything.

2. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

I keep going back to that scene with Hank's boss, where he's stepping down after the Gus debacle and having a drink with Hank and his partner; he keeps saying that it was all going on right under his nose (Gus, that is), had the guy over for dinner and everything. Of course, same now with Hank. What do you do???

3. noladaoh

noladaoh Retired

Just started re-watching the first half of season five. Maybe Walt does die at the end but it's by the hand of Skylar. Then we have a dead Walt, Skylar in jail for the killing, and the two kids left with no mother or father. The exact opposite of the family Walt claimed to be working so hard to provide for and protect.

Vidiot likes this.
  4. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

It's fun reading all the predictions about the ending. I can't imagine how the writers are going to wrap this whole thing up. It should be interesting.

5. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I watched all eight season five episodes after work on Friday.:o

I think they made it pretty clear in the flash-forward at the beginning of the season opener that Walt's cancer was back, but I guess it could be deliberate misdirection.

6. trem two

trem two Forum Resident

I'm guessing we haven't seen the last of that vial of ricin that walt keeps behind the electrical plug in his house. Maybe the baby gets poisoned, or his whole family...

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

..... or, just Hank.

8. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

We're re-watching the last 9 episodes (started with Face Off). Watching the season 4 finale and season 5 opener back-to-back was great. I had forgotten how awesome this show is having not seen it for almost a year. Really looking forward to the final 8 episodes!

9. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I'm rooting for a series crossover and have Walt windup on Dexter's table.

Sorry, just joking, I got hooked on Dexter in the interminable wait for this "season" of BB (really last season's conclusion).

DesertChaos likes this.
  10. AKA

AKA Senior Member

I'm rooting for Hank. I have been ever since Walt allowed Jane to die. I think that was the point of no return for Heisenberg. I hope he's the ultimate victor here.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  11. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

The gang (and Gilligan) had a cameo on "Colbert" last night...... Cranston danced in roller-skates with Stephen! Priceless!!

13. trem two

trem two Forum Resident

So funny. Was the roller skating a reference to Cranston's "Hal" role on Malcolm in the Middle? I know there was an episode about Hal being a performance skater and teaching his kid.

14. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

Jane was bad news and should have died. Also, what was he supposed to do? I guess he could have rolled her over but I think he was in a panic situation and wasn't sure what to do. I don't blame him for that. Technically he may have contributed to her death but I don't hold it over him.

15. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I'm holding out for a Breaking Bad/Walking Dead crossover. The blue meth was already in a scene or 2 on Walking Dead.

16. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Me too. I think that Vince Gilligan and Co. have done something quite brilliant with Hank, whether by accident or by design -- they took a stock "macho cop" character, originally intended mainly as comic relief, and they slowly revealed him to actually be a deep character, and damn good at his job too. At this point -- depending on how repulsed you are by Walt's actions -- Hank is arguably the hero of the show. I'm Team Hank all the way, but I know it won't be as simple as him slapping the cuffs on Walt in the first episode back. It will be fascinating to see what they do here, and I wouldn't be surprised if Walt kills Hank in one final heinous act to seal his fate as an evil man. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will take most of the first six or seven episodes to resolve the Hank vs. Walt showdown. We'll see.

AKA, trem two and slipkid like this.
  17. avalanche

avalanche Forum Resident

I don't think Hank's going to make it past the season opener. But that's just my gut feeling.

rontoon likes this.
  18. Yes, yes, and yes!

19. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

Wow. It would be a shame if Hank only got 45 minutes of screen time to deal with his big discovery. But I wouldn't put anything past Gilligan & Co.

20. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

YES ! LOVE IT !

21. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

The Shield ending was perfect, The Sopranos or Deadwood producers weren't 100% sure it was the end,So those endings weren't great, The only fitting ending to this show ,is he dies at the end

22. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

My hope would be that Walt stays out of the business, stays safe from repercussions from what he's done, reforms, and goes on with life. If you look at the really bad things he's done (apart from cooking meth), they mainly involve bad guys. Jane, remember, had blackmailed him and could have done it again. Is he supposed to rescue a blackmailer? The boy he poisoned, he did not intend to kill -- he's a chemist who knows the exact dosages needed.

As to Hank, I would hope Hank is able to put aside knee-jerk judgments about crime and look to the big picture. And maybe he'll also remember that Walt paid his medical bills. And if he busts Walt, that family will suffer, as will his own reputation -- the big criminal is in his own family and has been under his nose all the time!

So my thinking is that Walt will be staying clean from the meth business, but most of the season will be fighting repercussions from the past.

It will be the reformed criminal who we mostly think of as a good guy who momentarily went bad VERSUS the evil folks from the past who want him to stay bad. I think an angry Lydia will reappear, angry over how she was treated (nearly killed by a mistake) and angry for losing all the incredible Czech business they were going to go for. And there will new character(s) - her henchmen. We will be rooting for Walt this season.

I'm thinking Walt will beat those forces, Hank will come around, and it ends with another happy family gathering around the pool. I hope that Vince Gilligan's comments about a bad ending for Walt are a fakeout attempt and there will be a decent ending for Walt and family.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  23. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

After each of the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad, AMC will be doing "Talking Bad," the live talk show about the episode just aired, hosted by Chris Hardwick. These are like the "Talking Dead" shows that AMC ran after each newly aired episode of The Walking Dead.

24. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I really think there's about a less than 1% chance of that happening. Read cast and crew interviews: this show isn't going to have a happy, feel-good ending.

Anyways, I caught part of Charlie Rose last night and he had on Vince Gilligan, Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul, and Anna Gunn. Excellent interview and conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.