DCC Archive Anyone know about Denon turntables?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lucifer-chops, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucifer-chops

lucifer-chops Forum Resident Thread Starter

I recently decided to dip my toe back into the world of vinyl after a 15 year dalliance with CD. I picked up a Denon DP-57L turntable cheap - does anyone know anything about these beasts? Also, what cartridge would sound good with it - it came installed with a low end Ortofon MM which sounds OK, but I'm sure I could do better ....

2. Unknown

Unknown Guest

3. petzi

petzi Forum Resident

I think this turntable should come with the Denon DL-110, which is a high-output MC cartridge. It is a pretty good sounding cartridge, and it has the advantage that you can connect it to an MM input on your amp, while avoiding any problems with adaptation of your amps input capacitance. So in the end, you probably get a better result than you would if you used a more expensive cartridge on an improperly adapted MM input, or a noisy MC input.

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Some of the mid-range Ortofons like the OM10 should be just fine. Gawd, I had that cart for practically all of my High School days, replacing the styli. If that's what you're "stuck with", then I wouldn't think you have a bum cart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.