Anyone know anything about the recent Blue Moon Swamp reissue?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Brian Cruz, Feb 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Forum Resident Thread Starter

I've seen this at a store. It has bonus tracks.

2. Brian Cruz

Allmusic.com says Bob Ludwig did the mastering. I have to check to see if he did the original when I get home.

3. JJ3810

JJ3810 Senior Member

Yes, Bob Ludwig did the original issue. The reissue is identical - soundwise, with the bonus tracks. It's a GREAT cd & very highly recommended.

4. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

I have the original CD and agree.

5. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

As good as the album is, I find it somewhat disingenous that a revised copy is coming out only 7+ years later with 2 bonus tracks. Fogerty is not known for either releasing lengthy albums or squirreling away tracks that he didn't like, so I can't see what the attraction is to re-releasing the album at this time.

It certainly can't be a rights issue, given the way he's protected himself after the CCR experience and he's never been greedy. If anything he's been guilty of underselling himself and his music. I'm curious if anyone has insider knowledge regarding this re-release.

(Note: "because he can" won't qualify as an acceptable explanation" :winkgrin: )

6. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

Are the bonus tracks "Endless Sleep" and "Just Pickin"??

If so, I have the cd single from 1997 with these tracks. "Endless Sleep" is particularly good.

7. Brian Cruz

I don't understand. I think it's kind of weird. Plus, it seems to have been release very quietly, unless I'm just not paying attention. The re-release is on Geffen. Is Geffen a part of WB?

I believe JF may have picked up a few things since CCR and probably owns the rights to his albums and moved over to Geffen.

8. Brian Cruz

I think I'll pick it up. BMS is a great album.

9. Tony Caldwell

Tony Caldwell Senior Member

I just checked on CDUniverse and those are the bonus tracks. It looks like it came out in November 2004.

10. Brian Cruz

Did they not announce this? A few months ago I noticed a bunch of the WB versions at the used record store. I guess this is why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.