Anyone know of any good record stores in/near Daytona Beach, FL?

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Com4734, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Com4734

Com4734 Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I hope this is the right section to be asking this, but I'm going to be going down to Daytona Beach for 6 days and was wondering if anyone knew of or could recommend any specific record store in or around that area. I did some searching on google and found a couple, but I obviously wont know if it was worth going to until I actually go to the store and I don't want to waste time driving somewhere if its not going to be worth the drive. If anyone on here is from that area and has any recommendations or know of stores to avoid, it would be much appreciated! I always like seeing what local stores have to offer when I go places.

2. CirculationUnderflow

CirculationUnderflow Well-Known Member

HOLY CRAP YES, youre gonna love this ATLANTIC SOUNDS it aint cheap but he has like everything (not so much as remastered stuff, mike has all that) but the selection of vinyl there will blow your mind (95% used)

and enjoy mike chain smoking while youre in there

• 138 West International Speedway Blvd
      Daytona Beach, FL 32114
    • Get Directions
    • Phone number (386) 258-1420

3. CirculationUnderflow

also if you can get to orlando - look up rock and roll heaven

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  4. Com4734

Thats one of the ones that came up on my search and it wont be too far down the road. Thanks I'll definitely have to stop there!
    I might be going to Orlando too I'll try to stop at that one too if I do.

5. Com4734

Went there yesterday and I have to say they have a pretty nice selection there. I was drooling over the Mofi UHQR DSOTM on the shelf. :goodie: I wouldve picked up that and the Wildflowers LP sitting next to it had I had the money they wanted for those. But I picked up a few albums there that were more reasonable.

6. CirculationUnderflow

yea i like the store. i dont like that I have no idea what Im paying though before hand. Maybe he grades the vinyl as he sees it, but I know when I was collecting, id walk out with like $300 of stuff and wonder how I ran the bill up so high. Its really great for albums that came with posters, like Woman and Children First and Bob Dylan Live at the Budakhan. Havent been in there for years, but hes a daytona mainstay

7. Com4734

That must've changed since you were there last because almost everything I looked at had a price tag on it. Probably would've been a good sales tactic though. The customer is excited about all the stuff he/she finds and doesn't want to part with any of it once he says what the total is.

8. CirculationUnderflow

Im not talking about the new stuff, its the used albums, does he have those priced now. I walk up there with a ton of used albums and sometimes the total seemed somewhat outrageous

Com4734 likes this.
  9. Com4734

Yea those were pretty much all priced too. A few of the albums I looked at didnt have price stickers on them but they were the minority from what I saw. And there were a couple I saw that I thought were overpriced but a lot of the stuff there was reasonable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.