Anyone know who mastered the Meter's LP's distributed by Scorpio?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by TommyTunes, Dec 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member Thread Starter

I finally sat down and listened to Fiyo on the Bayou yesterday and it was excellent. Great bass and very detailed sounding. The vinyl was perfectly pressed and quiet. I had picked up all the Meters albums that were reissued a couple of years ago but are just getting around to them. I'm very impressed especially at $10 a pop. Anyone know who is responsible for them?

2. David Powell

David Powell Well-Known Member

Tom-- I don't have that particular release but I have two others from the Meters, a couple of Capt. Beefheart's and Gram Parsons' "Grevious Angel" from Scorpio. You're right -- quiet, heavy vinyl, deep bass and a great bargain. I'm also curious as to who mastered these albums. Probably someone at Rhino? I particularly like the fact that these LPs aren't mastered loud & bright and sound as if they were sourced from analog tapes.

3. butch

butch Senior Member

Quite a few of those Scorpio releases were sourced from Cds!!!!THe Gram Parsons album sounded kinda compressed with a digital veil,but compared to some of the other ones that sounded like a 1A pressing of Dark Side British Pressing!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.