Anyone? New BMG Codes?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by hdsemaj, Oct 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

i got the 80

2. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

3. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

I know they are going out of business, but do they have to ditch their customer service already? I ordered some CDs a few months ago, decided in fact I didn't want them, so I sent them back unopened (as is their policy) expecting them to credit my account. However, they are charging me the S&H for these items that I didn't keep, and they are not responding to my emails questioning this! They've even sent me a letter. Unbelievable.

4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

This is standard practice. They allow you to return items, but they wont credit the shipping. Always been this way, IIRC.

5. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

Uh huh. It was your mistake. If it was their mistake (or a Featured Selection) they would have refunded shipping.

6. Jay F

Jay F New Member

If I send something back unopened, for which I got free shipping, are they likely going to charge me the whole s&h amount (i.e., what it would have been if I'd had to pay s&h in the first place)? I've got a case of buyer's remorse over a 12-CD set that hasn't arrived yet.

7. GregK

GregK I'm speechless

It doesn't mention that anywhere on their site. It was a free shipping order.

8. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

To get the 65% Off CDs, Plus Free Shipping offer, enter the promotion code "M9P1" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Promo code is only good until 3/17/09!

This isn't the best deal they offer - basically the same price as yourmusic.com, but is a good way to get free shipping on box sets...

Anyone out there seen any new "free" codes? I am now spoiled by those..

9. cakeordeath

cakeordeath Forum Resident

To get the $6.99 CDs, plus Free Shipping offer, enter the promotion code "M9X8" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Promo code is only good until 3/22/2009!

10. Tjazz

To get the 70% Off CDs, Plus Free Shipping offer, enter the promotion code "A9P1" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Promo code is only good until 4/14/09!

11. Tjazz

To get the 2/3 off CDs, plus Free Shipping when you buy 4 or more offer, enter the promotion code "A9X3" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Promo code is only good until 4/15/09!

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I see that you now have to enter a credit card when placing an online order with BMG. Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't go this route a long time ago. Since they are closing up shop and moving everyone over to yourmusic.com soon, they don't want to have outstanding balances.

13. Tjazz

To get the 2/3 Off CDs, Plus Free Shipping When You Buy 4 or More offer, enter the promotion code "A9S1" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Promo code is only good until 4/21/09!

14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

To get the 80% Off CDs offer, enter the promotion code "A9F1" in the box on the left side of our website's homepage and click "apply." But hurry! Promo code is only good until 5/3/09!

EDIT: Does anyone have any intel regarding whether or not BMG will offer better deals before they shut their "doors"?

15. I doubt it. They really have no incentive to dump stock as their inventory will be used for Yourmusic.com. They pulled the recent 90% off code pretty quickly and those "free" codes likely are gone for good if one has already used the available ones.

16. edb15

edb15 Senior Member

I bet they will. Who knows if the deals will be good or not. First, do Yourmusic cds have the "Mfd for BMG" tags on some of them? Second, at least some of these titles they have to figure are not moving well and will not move well, so might as well dump 'em before their market shrinks. Third, I remember Columbia house putting a huge number of titles on clearance before they closed up.

17. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

2/3 off and free shipping w/4: Y9X7, 8

Used it to get the Segovia box set they have.

18. Tjazz

You can also get some Waylon Jennings 2-CD sets for $6.66 each ; ESSENTIAL (2) and COMPLETE MCA (2)

19. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

I was looking for another box to pick up, but I seemed to have already snagged the best stuff. :)

That Hank Williams complete set for $63 is very tempting, though.

20. Tjazz

Buy the Ella Fitzgerald VERVE (16) box $87

21. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

That one also piqued my interest. It's like 50% off the lowest used price.

22. Tjazz

70% off with free shipping (does not work on box sets).
    Y9X3 expires 5/12/09

(works on 2-CD sets) Waylon ESSENTIAL, now only $6. Or try those 2-CD GOLD titles for $6 each too.

23. jimsumner

jimsumner Senior Member

I'll give BMG credit. I ordered Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life five weeks ago and it's been TOOS ever since. Got the shipping notice today. So, don't give up on those TOOS items.

24. Tjazz

From DVDTALK BMGMUSIC

Y911 = 2/3 off and free shipping with 4 or more. (Note, older codes Y9X7, Y9X8 and Y9X9 are the same offer, and are still working, in case some act different when buying box sets.)
    Y912, Y913 = 3.99 CDs
    Y914 thru Y919 = 80% off
    Y921 and Y922 = 90% off

So there it is, folks! 90% off, which is $4.69 per disc. Probably the best offer we'll get. (Cause I can't see them giving stuff away just cause the site is closing.)

25. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Looks like I might get some stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.